CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Even better....

Postbit Integration (Styling postbit later... likely change for this site anyway)

Screenshot_1.webp Screenshot_2.webp

And for those poor lost souls without one....

Screenshot_3.webp

The default duration when featuring threads is set in the cta_featuredthreads_feature template.
It is currently set to 2 weeks.
You could edit that to change it to what you wish, even permanent.

For existing featured threads it would require a query.

I have a few ideas related to being able to use an image instead of the avatar.
I'm not going to promise anything though so that's as much as I'm going to say for now.
Please promise! I'd love to be able to add an image relevant to the thread instead of seeing the avatar. Sometimes the avatars used aren't always going to be ones you'd like to see blazing across the top of your site :D

I have a few ideas related to being able to use an image instead of the avatar.
I'm not going to promise anything though so that's as much as I'm going to say for now.

Please promise! I'd love to be able to add an image relevant to the thread instead of seeing the avatar. Sometimes the avatars used aren't always going to be ones you'd like to see blazing across the top of your site :D

Excellent idea -

I just want to be sure this works as I need. I have a monthly thread I change each month and want that featured for the entire month until I update the rew monthly thread. BUT I also have some good Informational threads I would like to rotate through out the month along with that monthly thread, would this work properly for me?

All governed by permissions.

The main resource body explains all of this and has extensive screenshots.

For the next version (2.1) I decided to add the [Expired] badge after all.
Fear not though, it can be disabled and as you would expect, there are separate Style Properties and CSS classes.

upload_2014-3-23_17-18-34.webp

upload_2014-3-23_17-20-34.webp upload_2014-3-23_17-21-25.webp

If the viewing user can feature that specific thread then they will see the expired badge.
Which makes more sense than arbitrarily applying it to all administrators and moderators, who may not have that permission.

I have found being able to see which threads have been previously featured extremely useful, to avoid featuring them again by mistake.

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Bits & Pieces

Some new stuff.

The option to show Featured Threads in their own forum, own + parent forums, or globally, was previously requested by several people and has now been implemented.

View attachment 70417

I have found being able to see which threads have been previously featured extremely useful, to avoid featuring them again by mistake.
So I decided to add the [Expired] badge after all.

Fear not though, it can be disabled and as you would expect, there are separate Style Properties and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As usual, I will email the update to everyone with an active license.

If you don't receive it, let me know via conversation.

Top Bottom