CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
That's the correct behaviour.

The actual route for the forum index is /forums.
It is just masked by virtue of the fact that the index page route is usually set to forums/.

When you change that index page route, the page that corresponds to the route will no longer have the route prepended to it.

You can edit the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list_title_meta template and change the second line from:
Code:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase forums}</xen:title>
to
Code:
<xen:h1>{xen:phrase forums}</xen:h1>

Thanks, is there a way to do this for the entire forum by any chance, I guess its not an easy thing?

Edit: Can ignore that will be fine to be on other pages, thanks.

With regards to adsense I have <xen:include template="google_adsense" /> which posts my ads to specific parts of the forum but when added into cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom and top it shows in mobile browser but not on desktop, have any ideas?

It won't be anything to do with the add-on.

Those templates are blank and accept any custom code and are device/browser width agnostic.

Hmm, I am stumped them, they work on the mobile view but not desktop on the homepage but display fine elsewhere. I'll have a poke, cheers.

You can use a browser inspection tool to see what is causing it when the ad is displayed.

It's likely related to the ad if it only happens then.

You can use a browser inspection tool to see what is causing it when the ad is displayed.

It's likely related to the ad if it only happens then.

It's coming from .funbox and .sectionmain

Where to find those in templates?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 19.36.20.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 19.36.20.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 5
They have the hiddenResponsiveNarrow narrow class applied so will disappear at narrow widths.

If you want to prevent that and make them automatically reseize, remove that class from the template and add max-width 100% to the img element.

@Bram has done the same thing for his site: http://www.racedepartment.com/

Am I looking in the right place to stop image disappear at narrow?

Code:
<xen:if is="@ctaFtEnableAvatarIconPage AND {$featuredThread.avatar_icon} != 0">
                <xen:if is="{$featuredThread.avatar_icon} == 2">
                    <div class="hiddenResponsiveNarrow {xen:if "{$xenOptions.ctaFtIcon.enabled} AND ({$featuredThread.featured_icon_date} OR ({$featuredThread.default_icon} == 1 AND @ctaFtDefaultIconPath))", 'ctaFtIconPage ctaFtIconRightPage', 'ctaFtAvatarPage ctaFtAvatarRightPage'}">
                <xen:else />
                    <div class="hiddenResponsiveNarrow {xen:if "{$xenOptions.ctaFtIcon.enabled} AND ({$featuredThread.featured_icon_date} OR ({$featuredThread.default_icon} == 1 AND @ctaFtDefaultIconPath))", 'ctaFtIconPage', 'ctaFtAvatarPage'}">
                </xen:if>

Yes.
Just delete the hiddenResponsiveNarrow class from those divs.
Thanks, (again!)

I've moved from Wordpress for my front page to CTA FT now. About 100 times easier to update, no double styles to deal with - amazing!

XF should come with this as stock! It's so good.

Rob.

Hi Brogan,

Unless it is something I overlooked is it possible to change the default slider dots into arrows either side of the slider for users to scroll between articles? If not would you be able to do custom work for this if possible?

Cheers

You can edit the sprite or replace it with your own: http://support.cliptheapex.com/styles/default/images/cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png

cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png

You may also need to change the CSS if the image dimensions or positions are different, as I have done with my own site: http://cliptheapex.com/styles/cliptheapex/images/cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png

cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png

Top Bottom