rtl-raw.direction: ltr;
}

.ctaFtSliderFooter
{
    rtl-raw.direction: rtl;
    rtl-raw.text-align: right;
}
</xen:if>

I was recently informed that the slider is not compatible with RTL, so that is a workaround.

Thanks, this solved the problem.

Well I think I'm using most features of this add-on now. As well as the core functionality, I started using the sliders and backgrounds in addition to the icons. I've finally got automatic featuring enabled based on criteria of likes, views and replies. It's set to exclusive so will feature a thread that meets any one of these. I've limited it to threads started in the last 6 months and last replied to in the last month. I'll tweak these settings in the coming weeks depending on how many threads are auto featured. When I spot a thread that's been auto featured I'll add a background and promote to the slider if I want to. Anyway it's a great way to have threads featured that I may not have considered otherwise.

In all I'm very happy with Featured threads, it's the best add-on I have along with Xen Media Gallery. Thank you Brogan for the hard work you have put into this and I look forward to its continue development. :D

Hey,

Is there an Option to disable YouTube Videos for Featured Threads? Because i saw this Forum: http://www.nintendorealm.com/threads/how-much-are-you-willing-to-spend-on-mario-maker.3003/ And on the Portal Page there is no Video: http://www.nintendorealm.com/ :sleep:
In the options you can choose to display BB Code or not in Featured Threads (and you can do this independently for blocks on the forums and on the Featured Threads page). If you disable Bb Code in Featured Threads then it'll strip all BB Code including YouTube videos and other media.

Don't forget that even if BB Code is enabled, when featuring a thread you can edit the content that will be displayed. So you can manually remove a YouTube video from the Featured Thread but it'll still be in the original post.

Ran into a problem with the custom images for featured threads. It looks like I am missing the "featured_threads" dir in the data path.

So when I upload a custom image, the image path being referenced is like this with the parts in bold highlighted that do not exist.

/data/featured_threads/icons/1/1363.jpg

This may be due to having skipped an upgrade version. Should I manually re-create these directories in data?

Nope nevermind, I think I derped the dev environment path with the prod environment path.

Excuse me. Been a long weekend. :confused:

The 2.10 upgrade should have copied the icons directory.

If it hasn't you can recreate it manually and move the contents of the existing data\featuredthreadicons directory to the new data\featuredthreads\icons directory.

Edit: Just seen your second post, no worries.

Would the ability to have the avatar or icon floated right on a per featured thread basis be of any interest?

I seem to recall one or two requesting it but I'm undecided on how useful it would be or whether it would be used.

Would the ability to have the avatar or icon floated right on a per featured thread basis be of any interest?

I seem to recall one or two requesting it but I'm undecided on how useful it would be or whether it would be used.
For me it's probably a 'no'. Personally I prefer consistency in my featured threads so I'd keep the avatar/icon all on the same side. I can't see any reason for me why I'd want a mixture of left and right aligned avatars/icons.

I suppose I can see the argument for breaking up the uniformity, but if it's not going to be used, I can spend the time doing something else which will be.

Ehh dont use the Avatar option at all.. and i just had a xenPorta flashback and the PTS tick is back in my left eye, :p

Now if you are including Icons with avatars im all for it because that was the only thing preventing me from flipping my sidebar to the left.

Last edited:

I won't be using it.

I'll add a vote as someone who would definitely use this feature to break up the uniformity of the front page.

I thought about it a bit more and realised that as a lot of people are now using this for their home/landing page, the ability to manage content and layout is important.

So I went ahead and added it.

It's almost as if you're reading my mind :D

One thing I'd like to mention in this thread is the ability to support attachments as icons. I know it's probably a big effort to implement this, but the reason I think it's necessary is this:

If this is meant for a home/landing page, where you have threads that get auto-featured from the community (which is awesome by the way), then you will be getting threads in the home page without image, until you actually go and add one manually. While, if it picked up the first attachment as the thread's icon, the thread would show up in the FT page with that image automatically.

:)

Top Bottom