CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I don't have any data with regards to this add-on and how well it performs compared to WP or other solutions when searching on Google, Bing, etc.

You might be wise to get some feedback first.
Ok, thank you.

P.S. can anyone tell me how good the addon works with Google?

Greg

This looks great! :D

I presume that image opacity css be added by admins in Miscellaneous for the background SP?
There is no CSS property background-opacity so it's not as easy as you would think as the opacity will apply to the whole block, including the text, avatar, etc.

It is possible but it would require some CSS trickery.

Thank you, I am thinking about dumping wordpress I just need to know how much of a hit I am going to take from google.
Depending on the amount of articles you have in WP you can expect a (little) hit.

Our community has always depended more on the forums than on the articles it self but I had the same holdbacks as in the beginning as well, just like yourself.

My suggestion: take the hit and you'll recover. The big upside is that you are from now on running one (hell of a) software for your site and community. No more styling issues, no more double updating two different software packages, no more user integration issues between the site and forums. And...... No more DisQus(ting) for your comments but good old Xenforo.

Your users will love it for sure (y)

Thanks for the add-on @Brogan :), we picked it up awhile back and glad to see it developed into what it is today.

We modified the front output a bit to use Masonry, still a ways to go on styling but it's coming a long :).

View attachment 77797

Quick question is there a conditional I can use to see which node the featured thread is coming from? Sorry if it's been answered.

Something like...
<xen:if is=@ctathreadnode=1">ect...</xen:if>

Hope that makes sense.

I'm trying to add a different mini icon depending on which node the thread gets promoted from.

how hard was that to do? i've never used masonry...

I hope to have the slider function completed soon.

Could anyone who is interested in Alpha/Beta testing the custom backgrounds or slider let me know?

I wouldn't particularly recommend installing and testing on a live site at such an early stage, so a test installation would be best.

Considering how many times a slider has been requested, I'm surprised there are only two people willing to beta test.

Makes me wonder why I've bothered developing it when I could have spent the time doing something more useful...

Well, I appreciate the work you have done and cant imagine the time spent sofar.

I'm guessing the others have just missed the latest developments and will be forming an orderly queue shortly ;)

Thanks @Magic :)

And on that note, the slider is done!

I shall update my local to Beta 1 and then send it out for testing (probably later today, it's 01:40 here).

I shall keep my eye on My Inbox.

Its now 1.45am here too, sat Listening to a nice raging thunderstorm outside ;)

Considering how many times a slider has been requested, I'm surprised there are only two people willing to beta test.

Makes me wonder why I've bothered developing it when I could have spent the time doing something more useful...

Add me to the list, I'll help ya out ;)

Thanks guys.

I have no use for a slider so I'm flying blind here and really need feedback from those who will use it.
In fact, I have no use for background images nor most of the other stuff I have developed over the last 6 months :D

Top Bottom