CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I understand your point im just trying to offer suggestions that i believe would contribute to the maturity of the project..

Honestly im open to suggestions as to how or what options to make available, im terrible at articulating specifics. I would just like to see some more display options for that particular block.. Im not sure what ways would be the most beneficial for the majority of end users.

Well you don't have to use the page/portal functionality, so in that respect the original behaviour of the blocks is exactly the same as it was in the first release.

Obviously the more threads you feature, the more there is to randomise between in the blocks.

something like following attachment... all icons get posted to featured threads block, better yet keep updated counter for likes and enable criteria, such as a top 10 for example.
thread block.webp

I understand your point im just trying to offer suggestions that i believe would contribute to the maturity of the project..

Honestly im open to suggestions as to how or what options to make available, im terrible at articulating specifics. I would just like to see some more display options for that particular block.. Im not sure what ways would be the most beneficial for the majority of end users.
No problem.
I understand the request, I'm just hesitant to make the featuring process yet more convoluted.
Essentially it would require an option for automatically featured threads to not be shown in the blocks.
But then there would be a manual override on a per thread basis, which would allow them to be shown.
It would require schema, code and template changes but it's doable.

something like following attachment... all icons get posted to featured threads block, better yet keep updated counter for likes and enable criteria, such as a top 10 for example.
View attachment 77308
I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is you're trying to do.
It's threads which are featured, not icons.
Icons are uploaded to featured threads to provide some context to the thread.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is you're trying to do.
It's threads which are featured, not icons.
Icons are uploaded to featured threads to provide some context to the thread.

the icon is used as placeholder where you can link back to featured thread... allowing you to display placeholders for multiple featured threads in the featured threads block.

Only one featured thread can be shown in the block at any one time.

I personally don't see the point in showing a row of icons with no context, nor any of the thread content they are linked to.

Only one featured thread can be shown in the block at any one time.

I personally don't see the point in showing a row of icons with no context, nor any of the thread content they are linked to.

I intend to use in threads that are focused in area of 2D/3D images, line art, scanned drawings, etc....

the icons are the context, will link back to the originating thread

Sorry but it's not something I will be adding.

The purpose of the add-on is to feature threads.
That is done by showing a snippet of the thread content and the related data such as avatar or icon, date posted, forum, the number of replies, likes, etc.

What you want is an entirely different add-on.
Some sort of image carousel with a link to a separate thread for each image.

You should consider this: http://xenmediagallery.com/

That more or less does what you want.

Just for you @FredC ;)
Code:
if ($version < 2100010)
{
    try
    {
        $db->query("
            ALTER TABLE cta_ft_featured_threads
                ADD page_only TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
                AFTER featured_automatically
        ");
    }
    catch (Zend_Db_Exception $e) {}
}

I have removed the board title from the index page using these instructions. I noticed that after your add-on is installed, the board title comes back, even though its display has been removed using the link in the previous sentence. Any idea of why this is and how to fix it? Thanks.

Add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.forum_list .titleBar
{
    display: none;
}

That did it. Thanks. You might want to consider fixing that in a future release, though, since I had removed the board title via the fix mentioned by jake bunce in the thread I referenced above.

There's nothing to fix.

The add-on has a template modification to change the title and meta data for the forum list template when the Featured Threads page is set as the home page.

There is no other way of doing it.

The correct solution is to hide it using EXTRA.css.

Sorry but it's not something I will be adding.

The purpose of the add-on is to feature threads.
That is done by showing a snipped of the thread content and the related data such as avatar or icon, date posted, forum, the number of replies, likes, etc.

What you want is an entirely different add-on.
Some sort of image carousel with a link to a separate thread for each image.

You should consider this: http://xenmediagallery.com/

That more or less does what you want.

I already have that addon, I will look into that pronto. regards.

Top Bottom