CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
This is the new option in place @cyberpedz.

upload_2014-7-4_19-29-37.webp

Note that it is disabled when the All Threads option is selected, as it only applies to the Likes, Replies and Views counts.
By default, expired threads won't be included unless the checkbox is, err, checked.

Edit: I wasn't happy with the option name/function or the wording, so I have changed it.

Last edited:
@cyberpedz, the new option is finished.

It's currently being tested by @Martok.
Let me know if you would also like to test it before I release it.

That also applies to anyone else who has access to a test installation.

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads & Portal with a new update entry:

Additional option for automatic featuring

Shortly after 2.9 was released, the issue of previously featured threads being automatically featured again was raised.
The question was asked whether expired threads would be featured again if the criteria was unchanged and of course the answer is yes.

This very minor update addresses that.

I wouldn't normally add a new function to a third point release, but I appreciate that the automatic featuring function may be of far more use to some if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

modification request for CTA Featured Threads, this affects featured threads blocks specifically
  • display featured threads icons
  • icons link back to originating thread
  • this allows for display of a top x selection of featured threads

That is already the case.
If an icon is uploaded it is displayed in the block and clicking it will load the thread.

I just came here to make a similier request.. Since this plugin kinda drifted from its initial function before pages were added.. I thought possibly a tick box to feature the featured Threads in the block located on the forum index. Otherwise if using this to as a portal and are featuring almost all your threads that block becomes quite convoluted and IMO defeats the original purpose.. It would be pretty sweet to be able to specify which ones appear on the index page.. A Featured, featured thread if you will.

Of course with this plugins history its quite possibly already an option i've just overlooked or have misunderstood its purpose.

So you want to be able to restrict featured threads from showing on the forum list, forum view and new posts pages?

On a per featured thread basis?

Are people really going to manually update hundreds of threads to prevent them being shown on those pages?

That is already the case.
If an icon is uploaded it is displayed in the block and clicking it will load the thread.

I am looking icons from all the featured threads for that category, or maybe can be configured for top 10 for instance.

UPDATE: using likes criteria will determine which icons get featured in the automatic mode

I don't understand the request.

Each featured thread can have a custom icon.
Or in the case of automatically featured threads, a default icon.

In both cases the icon links to the thread.

I don't understand the request.

Each featured thread can have a custom icon.
Or in the case of automatically featured threads, a default icon.

In both cases the icon links to the thread.

I would like multiple icons displayed together in the featured threads block... this obviously limits size for the custom icon

So you want to be able to restrict featured threads from showing on the forum list, forum view and new posts pages? On a per featured thread basis?

Are people really going to manually update hundreds of threads to prevent them being shown on those pages?

Yes thats my request....
Possibly the option could be unchecked by default and just rebuild featured threads to avoid manually removing threads.

I wouldnt mind using this to feature all new threads on my forum however i initially purchased the plugin to highlight a few keyword important threads.. Since then it has evolved into so much more.. But in ways that particular block looses its initial and unique usefulness when its randomly featuring hundreds of threads.

Well you don't have to use the page/portal/automatic functionality, so in that respect the original behaviour of the blocks is exactly the same as it was in the first release.

Obviously the more threads you feature, the more there is to randomise between in the blocks.

If you use the featured threads page/portal, how do you get the "home" tab to stay activated when the user is on the featured page/portal? Right now the Forums tab is highlights regardless of whether the focus is on the forum or the featured threads portal, but one can click Home to get to the featured threads portal.

Top Bottom