Crowd Moderation

Crowd Moderation [Paid] 1.2.2

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Please add usergroup permissions. There is a lot of difference between a report by a new member and a ranking member.

How exactly would you expect that work? A new permission to let their vote work, or a permission to stop them from reporting all together?

I should also add that only reports that haven't been acknowledged yet (not rejected, not resolved) count. If you have it set at 5 and 4 people report it but you instantly reject all 4 and then a 5th one reports it a week later, it won't be placed in moderation status.

Usergroup setting:
Moderate post after X reports.

Lets say I set this to 2 for a high ranking group and to 10 for a low ranking group.
If 10 low ranking members would report then the post will be moderated.
Lets say only 8 low ranking members report the post, so the post does not become moderated.
Now a high ranking members also reports the same post. Then the post becomes moderated because its higher than 2.

Programatically that'd be very awkward. I think a more likely way would be to "Count reports worth {x} points" and then setting an overall site wide option for "points to trigger moderation" veterans can count as 5 points, new members can count as 1. 20 can trigger your moderation which could be 4 verteans or 1 veteran and 15 new members.

I think the simplicity of this addon is what appeals to me. You set the amount of reports that has to be made, and the forum the report goes into, you can even move the member being reported to a usergroup of your choice. I don't really see the necessity of making it more complex.

Programatically that'd be very awkward. I think a more likely way would be to "Count reports worth {x} points" and then setting an overall site wide option for "points to trigger moderation" veterans can count as 5 points, new members can count as 1. 20 can trigger your moderation which could be 4 verteans or 1 veteran and 15 new members.
That would work even better.

I think it could be even better if usergroups could be given soft delete permission with this. That would really free mods up even more.

Feature requests to take crowd moderation a step further:
  1. Let the reporter select which rules were breached. For example:
    'If you are reporting a rule breach, then please select which rules were breached: ☑ rule 1 ☑ rule 2 etc. The default free text field can be used by the reporter to explain.
  2. Attribute points per rule type, so that we can opt to crowd moderate major rule breaches only.
  3. In the report center add functionality for canned staff warning messages for each rule breach.
  4. One click handling of crowd reports: if at least X or all reports have selected the same rule breach then give the staff member the option to handle the report with one click. This will warn the member(warning associated with the rule breach) and send the corresponding canned warning message.
  5. Add user criteria/trophy: correctly reported X posts. This counts the number of reports that the staff has processed with one click moderation. This criteria is not only useful for identifying staff prospects, but it also allows us to give such users a special usergroup to trigger moderation of their reports faster.
  6. Usergroup permission: X reports trigger soft delete.
  7. If multiple reports are made about conversations then block the sender from sending more PM's and quarantine all conversations sent by the member in the last 24 hours before the report.

Last edited:
Can a point # = ban from thread option be added?

You mean ban the user that posted the content from the thread? Would you want them to be unbanned when the post is removed from moderation or let the mods handle that manually?

Feature requests to take crowd moderation a step further:
  1. Let the reporter select which rules were breached. For example:
    'If you are reporting a rule breach, then please select which rules were breached: ☑ rule 1 ☑ rule 2 etc. The default free text field can be used by the reporter to explain.
  2. Attribute points per rule type, so that we can opt to crowd moderate major rule breaches only.
  3. In the report center add functionality for canned staff warning messages for each rule breach.
  4. One click handling of crowd reports: if at least X or all reports have selected the same rule breach then give the staff member the option to handle the report with one click. This will warn the member(warning associated with the rule breach) and send the corresponding canned warning message.
  5. Add user criteria/trophy: correctly reported X posts. This counts the number of reports that the staff has processed with one click moderation. This criteria is not only useful for identifying staff prospects, but it also allows us to give such users a special usergroup to trigger moderation of their reports faster.
  6. Usergroup permission: X reports trigger soft delete.
  7. If multiple reports are made about conversations then block the sender from sending more PM's and quarantine all conversations sent by the member in the last 24 hours before the report.

1. Unless you're referring to using all the "Warnings" options, this would require making a new editable list of rules which is a little out of the scope for this add on.
  2. I'm not sure how this would conflict with the user permission setting.
  3. That's a little out of the scope of the add on. Although that may be a good suggestion for Moderator Essentials ;)
  4. This is kind of conditional of #1.
  5. I like this. Doesn't neccessarily have to be one click moderation, I can just keep a log of all the reports they've made that were "resolved" (could also count "rejected" against their total).
  6. I kind of like this as a global setting. I'm worried about over complication here.
  7. This is a fairly necessary feature in my opinion, I didn't even think about conversations in this system.

1. using the list of warnings is fine, though it would be nice to be able to exclude warnings.
  2. it's probably better to have a setting per warning to turn on automatic moderation or soft deletion.
  3. yes, it seems that way, but if we want to take crowd moderation another step forward then canned messages are a prerequisite.
  4. yes, indeed.
  5. the key is that the user must have selected the correct warning from the list. this is the difference between a useful report and a correct report. if we can put users that consistently file correct reports in a special user group then we can give them special crowd moderation powers.
  6. the reason for making this a user group setting is that it would not be useful to automatically delete based on reports by new members. I only would want to automatically delete based on reports by members in a special user group. because these members have proven to understand the rules and warnings. this is why the user criteria would be useful.

Top Bottom