Crowd Moderation

Crowd Moderation [Paid] 1.2.2

No permission to buy ($15.00)
So you want to set another points threshold and if reports accumulate enough points, the user gets banned? That shouldn't be too difficult. Since you offered, could you start a conversation with me to discuss funding it?

Question about points and usergroups:

Is there a hierarchy? If our Registered (primary) usergroup is assigned 5 points, and staff (via a secondary usergroup) 10 points, how exactly are the points applied? Do any usergroups take precedence over another? Or, are they somehow cumulative?

I'm only wondering since we have some annoyance members who we could isolate into a usergroup that would assign zero points. But I don't know the mechanism behind this add-on to know if it is possible. I just want to know how it works so I know what to expect as I work through the groups.

Does anyone still use this add-on?

I've taken this over from Daniel Hood, and am attempting to determine if it still is actively used. If it not, this add-on will be deleted.

This is such an awesome idea! Is there a possibility to have a "Ban user" option too, so members can privately "vote" if a user should be banned (ie, obvious troll) - and if it gets a certain number of points, user is banned?

Id be happy to donate to make this a reality. Thanks!
@Xon any possibility of implementing the above?

We have it installed but our members rarely use it. I think it has it's place, but it really needs a more robust feature set (and a higher price).

Reactions: Xon
Is there a hierarchy? If our Registered (primary) usergroup is assigned 5 points, and staff (via a secondary usergroup) 10 points, how exactly are the points applied? Do any usergroups take precedence over another? Or, are they somehow cumulative?

I'm only wondering since we have some annoyance members who we could isolate into a usergroup that would assign zero points. But I don't know the mechanism behind this add-on to know if it is possible. I just want to know how it works so I know what to expect as I work through the groups.
It uses user groups, so the highest value "wins". You need a boolean option to revoke/block the use of the numerical value.

Two issue I consistently have generated with this, a clash with WMTech multiple account add-ons. They both always come together, hand in hand.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: permissions - library/SV/CrowdModeration/XenForo/Model/Report.php:22
Generated By: DLM_009, Today at 3:15 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/SV/CrowdModeration/XenForo/Model/Report.php(22): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 22, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/ControllerPublic/StickyMultipleAccountInfo.php(348): SV_CrowdModeration_XenForo_Model_Report->reportContent('user', Array, 'A user with the...', Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/ControllerPublic/StickyMultipleAccountInfo.php(184): WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerPublic_StickyMultipleAccountInfo->createAlert(Array, 'W6b7fa50c238eca...')
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerPublic_StickyMultipleAccountInfo->actionIndex()
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wmt-sectokchk/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["user_id"] => string(5) "35182"
    ["sec_token"] => string(34) "W0a17a8c84fd8debe87250d1a0e44c7e9S"
    ["sec_value"] => string(40) "W2e8829c43bad5facecd0a4039c6494e0S|32075"
    ["old_sec_value"] => string(40) "W0a17a8c84fd8debe87250d1a0e44c7e9S|35182"
    ["old_sec_value_invalid"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(3) "/c/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Permission::hasPermission() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/SV/CrowdModeration/XenForo/Model/Report.php on line 22 - library/XenForo/Permission.php:27
Generated By: DLM_009, Today at 3:15 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/SV/CrowdModeration/XenForo/Model/Report.php(22): XenForo_Permission::hasPermission(NULL, 'general', 'xmcrowdmoderati...')
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/ControllerPublic/StickyMultipleAccountInfo.php(348): SV_CrowdModeration_XenForo_Model_Report->reportContent('user', Array, 'A user with the...', Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/WMTech/StickyMultipleAccountInfo/ControllerPublic/StickyMultipleAccountInfo.php(184): WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerPublic_StickyMultipleAccountInfo->createAlert(Array, 'W6b7fa50c238eca...')
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): WMTech_StickyMultipleAccountInfo_ControllerPublic_StickyMultipleAccountInfo->actionIndex()
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wmt-sectokchk/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["user_id"] => string(5) "35182"
    ["sec_token"] => string(34) "W0a17a8c84fd8debe87250d1a0e44c7e9S"
    ["sec_value"] => string(40) "W2e8829c43bad5facecd0a4039c6494e0S|32075"
    ["old_sec_value"] => string(40) "W0a17a8c84fd8debe87250d1a0e44c7e9S|35182"
    ["old_sec_value_invalid"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(3) "/c/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Is there a way to disable this addon for a user? I don't want to take him out of the group. He is abusing the crowd feature by double/triple reporting it.

User permissions> choose user> crowd moderation> give him 0 points

By default when you do user permissions > choose user > crowd moderation is at 0 points
But because of which group this user is in, he is still able to hide reports despite his user permission at 0 points.

Is there a way to disable this addon for a user? I don't want to take him out of the group. He is abusing the crowd feature by double/triple reporting it.

This has actually become a problem for me as well, as it has become widely known now that you can simply report a post multiple times if you want it to go away.

Need some way to limit members to reporting a post only once, if that is possible.

This has actually become a problem for me as well, as it has become widely known now that you can simply report a post multiple times if you want it to go away.

Need some way to limit members to reporting a post only once, if that is possible.

Make a Warning that is "Crowd Reporting Abuse" and if someone is abusing the crowd moderation feature, give him the warning. The warning action is to put him into an extra user group, that then revokes the "reporting" permission totally.

or at least make it count only once... the user can report multiple times but it will count only one of them.
This is our current situation. It is not abuse, but we'll have a member report an item, then a moment later, report the same item again with more information. Or they may post again if they find the post wasn't removed.

If the add-on could count a report from a single member only once, that would be perfect.

Make a Warning that is "Crowd Reporting Abuse" and if someone is abusing the crowd moderation feature, give him the warning.
We are lucky in that nobody has figured out that we use this add-on. I'm afraid if we pointed out this kind of abuse, the info would "leak" and then we'd have members start reporting posts from members they don't like, just out of spite.

Top Bottom