XF 2.1 Crowd moderation - a new way?

Robert9

Usual moderation is done by a mod.
Usual is a report before
or report points (XON)
or dislikes (extended ratings xf1)

I have a new(?) idea now.

If a post is flagged (somehow from someone, both to decide later),
this post should be editable for someone else than the mod also.

A mod can mod all posts somewhere (in a forum, in a thread), but i want these group/person to mod only flagged posts.
With this it is possible to let the community/a part of it help to get rif of a single word or a single sentence we dont want to have in the forum.
While these group has view to the history function of that flagged post also, they have a version control.

If needed we can copy the original also to a thread into a hidden array, where the {edit-group} can discuss it.

I really like this idea, what is your opinion about?

And how it could be solved?

xf_thread, has flagged_ones
xf_post, is flagged 1,2,3 (flagged, copied and flagged, flag finished! = not editable anymore

ugp, can edit flagged posts

template stuff

forum_id to send the copy of the post in a new thread

forum.flag allowed

a page with all flagged posts

flag-function at thread, ugp, set the flag, edit ...

ugp finish flag

a smaller version could be:
soft-delete, make it editable again for the author without time limit,
option: viewable after edit, unflag by author or viewable after unflagged by mod/group

This is a very bad idea. It will encourage members to edit or delete posts they don't like, will encourage cliques to bully outsiders, and in the end will just create a whole lot more work for your moderators.

I dont think so.
You open that for a small group of people you know and not for everyone.
But without to have them all as mods.

And these people (my people) have a goal to have a clean forum.
I know that some "old users" like to be king of opinions and dictators how others have to behave.

So just these users are not a part of the group, if they put their personal behaviour over the collective goal.
And for shure every part of that group is one click away from leaving the group.

The idea i see also as an idea to come away from always the same structures and thinking. There are so many, really a lot of add-ons, where i can feel and see that the programers are stuck in a street they never leave, while i walk over a field in all directions to find the best solution to solve things.

And the daily work shows me, what i miss:
less clicks
directer ways of solving things
collecting manual steps to automatic scripting after start it
new ways for solving things at all

And i really have a large list of that, and every day something new is coming in my mind.

Top Bottom