Crowd Moderation

Crowd Moderation [Paid] 1.2.2

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Yes it works with 1.5 as far as I know. I'm not, not updating it but there haven't been many suggestions for this that don't require a ton of work that I can't justify due to the lack of interest (and sales) it's generated thus far.

Is there something specific you'd like to see?

What happens to a post that gets sent to moderation, but then is allowed by staff and gets reported again. Does the thread gain immunity or will it be sent back to moderation again?

It clears the existing points and basically gives it a fresh start as if it were new content again. So, if it gets reported more to get enough points it could end up in the moderation queue again.

Can this be applied to a specific forum and not others? Our politics forum generates more reports than any other part of the site and it might be an interesting experiment to add crowd moderation to help remove some of the more unpleasant comments.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Sort of. With the user group permission for adjusting the weighting, you could make it so it only works in specific forums. Just set everyones report points to 0 globally and then override it on a per node basis. Should work fine.

Sort of. With the user group permission for adjusting the weighting, you could make it so it only works in specific forums. Just set everyones report points to 0 globally and then override it on a per node basis. Should work fine.

Nice one. Thanks Daniel. (y)

Just realized that was unclear :D

It'd go to the user who's content was crowd moderated. We could specify an account to send it from if need be.

Suggestion: It'd be great if there were a way to make the usergroup points cumulative.
  • Advanced Member (300 posts): 1pt
  • Supporter: 1 pt
  • Total Report Points: 3 pts

Possible Bug? In the moderation queue, the crowd moderated entry shows reports: 0.

Suggestion: It'd be great if there were a way to make the usergroup points cumulative.
  • Advanced Member (300 posts): 1pt
  • Supporter: 1 pt
  • Total Report Points: 3 pts
That's not likely because of how it's using the permission system :/

Possible Bug? In the moderation queue, the crowd moderated entry shows reports: 0.
Are reports visible in the report center?

Apparently that: "Reports: {number}" line isn't a core XenForo feature and a part of one of my other add-ons. I'll fix it in the correct add-on, soon.

Sounds good, no big deal.

One other thing members are reporting is when a post is crowd moderated it still shows up if it was quoted in another post. Any way around this?

One other thing members are reporting is when a post is crowd moderated it still shows up if it was quoted in another post. Any way around this?
No. That's a flaw in pretty much every aspect of quotes. Think about without the add-on, if the post is reported and you choose to delete the content. Posts that quote the content will still show it unless you edit those posts separately. There's not much way around it because there's no reference as to which posts quote which posts.

This is such an awesome idea! Is there a possibility to have a "Ban user" option too, so members can privately "vote" if a user should be banned (ie, obvious troll) - and if it gets a certain number of points, user is banned?

Id be happy to donate to make this a reality. Thanks!

Top Bottom