Crowd fund MercDesign Media Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

The Crowd Fund is over! Adding a quick FAQ below.

I missed the crowd fund but still want to get access to private development, can I?
Short answer: Yes, contact me.
Details: There is now a pre-order option (which will be displayed on my website some time soon) for the same price as the pozible reward to get this access, $50 AUD. If you have already spent money on Simple Gallery or the $25 reward you just have to bump the amount you have spent to $50. To do this message me on here or my website and I will give details to pay. If you have spent money on this before I will need details (most like PayPal transaction details) and your price will be discounted accordingly.

When will our rewards be processed?
The $25+ reward has already been processed. I sent out an email to contact me for the Simple Gallery license. If you have not done this yet you can at any time.
$50+ rewards are being processed now. You will receive an email with instructions to give feedback and how to access nightly builds.
As for the final 2 rewards, $100+ and $250+ you can contact me at any time to sort out what you want.

When will this be released?
When it is done. Due to pre-orders and the amount of people I will have in private development I can keep this under development until it is properly ready. Also the price will be $40 for the first week and then $50 after that. So pre-ordering is the normal price.

Will there be an importer from *insert software here*?
I see this question a lot. During private development there will be no importers created, it will be left until last. Most likely just before public release or just after. Currently planned importers are as follows: Simple Gallery, [XFR] User Albums, IP.Gallery and PhotoPost. However what people need (plural, not making an importer for a single person.. they take a long time to make) they will generally get.

Old crowd fund post below

Simple Gallery is a gallery add-on for XenForo that was designed to be lightweight and simple to use. Due to popular demand it is being upgraded to a fully featured Media Gallery (and also being renamed to Media Gallery). This gallery is already under development and prototyped but development cannot continue at the current rate without funding.

Contribute (accepts paypal)

The funds raised will go to Mercenary Design staff to be able to work full time on getting the Media Gallery out as soon as possible. Estimated to take up to 2 months but with betas out after 1. If the goal isn't reached the Media Gallery will be worked on in little free time and still be done, just in a much longer time.

Share this URL: pozible.com/mediagallery​

Media Gallery is being heavily influenced by IP.Gallery, facebook and the general way XenForo Ltd creates their add-ons like the resource manager. What you will get is a gallery that has the features of IP.Gallery, the social and easy experience of facebook (including tagging, likes and comments) and the simple easy to use nature of XenForo.

work.webp

Read more... for more information, a feature list and what rewards contributors receive.

Looking forward to see where this is going :) If this is a success it could open the door to many more large addons to be developed by professional programmers (CMS anyone?).

In many ways those contributing to this addon may also be contributing to the future of XenForo addons in general.

Just for the record. The cost for development is much higher than the target price and you can go over the target (so if we make it be sure to keep promoting anyway). I chose something so low because if it doesn't meet the target I don't get a cent. And since this is a bit of an experiment to see how this community reacts I didn't want to risk too high of a number.

Another note. Even if the target isn't met this add-on will be completed, it would just mean I would be doing it far less often because I would need to do client work to pay the bills.

If this is a success it could open up opportunities for some add-ons requested here :) And by the start it looks promising.

Just for the record. The cost for development is much higher than the target price and you can go over the target (so if we make it be sure to keep promoting anyway). I chose something so low because if it doesn't meet the target I don't get a cent. And since this is a bit of an experiment to see how this community reacts I didn't want to risk too high of a number.

Another note. Even if the target isn't met this add-on will be completed, it would just mean I would be doing it far less often because I would need to do client work to pay the bills.

If this is a success it could open up opportunities for some add-ons requested here :) And by the start it looks promising.

As a developer myself I'd just like to say that 1500 is an absolute steal, it costs far more to develop. So I really hope people will contribute accordingly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom