*Crosses Fingers*

Really it doesn't matter whether any of us consider it a win or a loss for KAM. The important thing is that KAM are happy with the outcome, and that they don't have to bear the weight of this lawsuit any longer. Let's give them some time to gather their thoughts, and settle down a little. Heck, maybe they're wanting to take a vacation now that it's over.

Let's just hope that when KAM feel the time is right that they'll let us know something, and let's hope that the something is that "Xenforo's development will continue".

I'm aware of that. But I have also seen promises made from other companies that aren't honoured. So I will wait and see what happens before investing more money.
That's fair enough. FWIW, I trust KAM & XF Ltd far more than most companies as I'm sure a lot of people on here do.

Really it doesn't matter whether any of us consider it a win or a loss for KAM. The important thing is that KAM are happy with the outcome, and that they don't have to bear the weight of this lawsuit any longer. Let's give them some time to gather their thoughts, and settle down a little. Heck, maybe they're wanting to take a vacation now that it's over.

Let's just hope that when KAM feel the time is right that they'll let us know something, and let's hope that the something is that "Xenforo's development will continue".
I completely agree, just as long as they don't feel the right time is in 6 months time ;)

People will be expecting an update within the next week at the very outside. I'd personally expect a statement of some sort as soon as the Judge has signed off on it, imo (assuming that's within the next week).

There is no announcement regarding the settlement needed.
Just an announcement who develops XenForo in the future and when a new version can be expected.

I agree and will also be waiting. Also, I've posted this elsewhere:

Even if KAM cannot comment themselves on that (most likely they won't be able to comment on it), I believe the company accounts are due at the end of March or May... so we would be able to pull those from companies house which would most likely have any regular outgoings in such an agreement listed. Personally, I highly doubt any money will be going to IB, simply for the fact it would be a damaging ongoing cost, and it would have been better just to take it to trial.

You don't spend 2 years fighting to prove your innocent to capitulate at the final step.

Not sure why the lawsuit thread is locked at this point. But to say that XF won is a bit optimistic. I'd say IB has won. They have successfully delayed the success of XenForo, which would have been lightyears ahead of vB at this point if it hadn't been sabotaged by this lawsuit.
As we have seen with the release of VB5, even another year of active development of VB may not have caught up with XF. But yes, had it not been the case, XF would have sailed far ahead.

Let me put it this way
  • XF knows what customers want and delivers.
  • IPB listens to what customers want and delivers.
  • VB ignores what customers and delivers whatever they want.
IB cannot win ever in the long run with that kind of work ethics.

As we have seen with the release of VB5, even another year of active development of VB may not have caught up with XF. But yes, had it not been the case, XF would have sailed far ahead.

Let me put it this way
  • XF knows what customers want and delivers.
  • IPB listens to what customers want and delivers.
  • VB ignores what customers and delivers whatever they want.
IB cannot win ever in the long run with that kind of work ethics.

+100 for this

Absolutely correct :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/status-of-lawsuit.39082/page-2

On 27th Feb 2013 a joint stipulation was filed by both parties agreeing to the complete dismissal (with prejudice) of the case. Each side will have to pay their own lawyer and court costs.

In short, once signed off on by the Judge, the case will be dropped and can never be brought back again. The next update we can expect on PACER will most likely confirm this.

--------------------

Of course the next question is, what's next? Did this financially drain Xenforo? Is there still a future? Where does Xenforo go from here. Only they know.

The waiting game continues.....

Oh for the love of Darwin, people! Can we have ONE FRICKING THREAD where it doesn't devolve into this sort of thing?
  • It's very likely the terms are under lock and key and they simply CAN'T say anything!
  • During a lawsuit, lawyers will tell you to STFU and say nothing to anyone. KAM was very, very smart to stay away like they did. Not doing so probably would have jeopardized the whole enchilada.
  • XF is not dead. They have said point blank that they were fighting for this. If you don't believe that then why are you here? Take their word or don't!
  • If you want to wait for an update before you renew, that's perfectly fine and is your right. Personally, I'm renewing tomorrow when I get paid. I've been waiting for the lawsuit to be over. It is and now I'm supporting them with more than just words.

Oh for the love of Darwin, people! Can we have ONE FRICKING THREAD where it doesn't devolve into this sort of thing?
  • It's very likely the terms are under lock and key and they simply CAN'T say anything!
  • During a lawsuit, lawyers will tell you to STFU and say nothing to anyone. KAM was very, very smart to stay away like they did. Not doing so probably would have jeopardized the whole enchilada.
  • XF is not dead. They have said point blank that they were fighting for this. If you don't believe that then why are you here? Take their word or don't!
  • If you want to wait for an update before you renew, that's perfectly fine and is your right. Personally, I'm renewing tomorrow when I get paid. I've been waiting for the lawsuit to be over. It is and now I'm supporting them with more than just words.

Someone screenshot this, blow it up to 500x and put it at the top of all legal threads!

Even if KAM cannot comment themselves on that (most likely they won't be able to comment on it), I believe the company accounts are due at the end of March or May... so we would be able to pull those from companies house which would most likely have any regular outgoings in such an agreement listed. Personally, I highly doubt any money will be going to IB, simply for the fact it would be a damaging ongoing cost, and it would have been better just to take it to trial.

You don't spend 2 years fighting to prove your innocent to capitulate at the final step.
I hope so. I love this product and would like to continue using it (with updates).

Yes it's over. But that still doesn't mean anything yet as we don't know the terms and conditions. (Such as if Xenforo will still be around, be bought out, or something else entirely.) Those that are waiting to get another license or renew aren't showing lack of faith in Xenforo, they just aren't spending their money to jump into an unknown abyss until there is something to go off of that sways them either way. It's smart financial sense.

That's why I'm still holding out renewing. If the terms of the settlement are that IB gets a hold of Xenforo...or that Xenforo is still closing shop, I'm not going to risk that financial loss. Good for those that want to. Or can afford to take that risk. But I and many others can't and find doing so right now too risky until we know WTF is going on with Xenforo. It has nothing to do with showing support for Xenforo.

Actually, there is a thread that has been closed which has a statement from Grace+Grace. There are several salient points I think addresses this. This is posted below. Emphasis is all mine, not that of the announcement.

Grace+Grace LLP, a Southern California law firm of intellectual property trial attorneys, has secured an important victory for its clients XenForo Limited and founders Ashley Busby, Kier Darby, and Michael Sullivan in their long-running dispute with Internet Brands, Inc. and its vBulletin software subsidiaries.

After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims.

Lead trial attorney, Michael Grace, stated, “We are pleased that the last litigation cloud has been lifted, so that XenForo can focus all of its resources on enhancing the features and functions of XenForo software. The Internet Brands litigations failed because of XenForo’s loyal customers, who supported XenForo’s dedicated, independent software development efforts over the past three years.”

Mr. Grace continued, “Today is a victory for competition in the marketplace. We’re delighted to have helped a small company like XenForo successfully defend itself and remain independent. The talented developers created XenForo software from scratch and have earned the chance to sell their software in the marketplace without further threats or false allegations. We believe that XenForo has a very bright future.”

To whit: They aren't telling us anything because they can't and the software is continuing.

Ok, Grace Law's website was updated yesterday with some information we can gleen.

http://gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html

Grace+Grace LLP, a Southern California law firm of intellectual property trial attorneys, has secured an important victory for its clients XenForo Limited and founders Ashley Busby, Kier Darby, and Michael Sullivan in their long-running dispute with Internet Brands, Inc. and its vBulletin software subsidiaries.

After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims.

Lead trial attorney, Michael Grace, stated, “We are pleased that the last litigation cloud has been lifted, so that XenForo can focus all of its resources on enhancing the features and functions of XenForo software. The Internet Brands litigations failed because of XenForo’s loyal customers, who supported XenForo’s dedicated, independent software development efforts over the past three years.”

Mr. Grace continued, “Today is a victory for competition in the marketplace. We’re delighted to have helped a small company like XenForo successfully defend itself and remain independent. The talented developers created XenForo software from scratch and have earned the chance to sell their software in the marketplace without further threats or false allegations. We believe that XenForo has a very bright future.”

Strongly suggesting that the settlement terms were very much in XenForos favor.

KAM will be unable to discuss it. So don't bother asking.

This confirms the case in the UK is also over.

And most importantly, XenForo remains with KAM, no transfer of property has taken place.

Indeed what was written by Grace+Grace is very interesting.

Xenforo won, IB lost. Whatever the terms, we shouldn't care too much, the point stand: IB lost and xenforo, at the moment, remains independent.

Top Bottom