XF 2.2 Stupid people or too fat fingers?

Robert9

When people register in a customer's forum, they have to choose a radio field as well.
From 100 new users we have at least 5 who are to stupid to read, maybe half blind or with fat fingers.
They choose the wrong radio!

I have no idea what I can do now. Everytime we have to manually change this value.

Yes, I could allow to change it again, but we dont want people to switch between these radio choices.
Maybe it needs another window with:

Hey! Are you really sure to choose this value?

Or maybe i just need another css to make the radios in one column with a huge distance?

Any other idea?

Stupid people or too fat fingers?​

Well I work in industrial automation, machine control, the saying for all the H&S stuff we have to come up with to stop people who are stupid from doing something even more stupid is 'you will always find an operator more stupid'........

So I would go with Stupid.......

Just saying

Reactions: Lee
How can you tell they are choosing the wrong one?
I just know it. It is like:

Are you

a) user
b) a moderator
c) an admin?

with permissions to see forums for users, moderators, and admins only.

This is not connected to the user_groups of the forum.

Last edited:
Wonderful people!

Please find a fly in the soup where there is neither a soup pot, nor soup, nor hair.

So here's another example so that we can stay on topic:

Hello new user, please tell us your profession!
Are you

O a baker
O a butcher
O a hay seller

Please note that your selection now determines the functions you can use later. If you choose something wrong, you will not be able to change it later.

Wonderful people!

Please find a fly in the soup where there is neither a soup pot, nor soup, nor hair.

So here's another example so that we can stay on topic:

Hello new user, please tell us your profession!
Are you

O a baker
O a butcher
O a hay seller

Please note that your selection now determines the functions you can use later. If you choose something wrong, you will not be able to change it later.
Get rid of the stupid poll in your registration system. it is not needed.

Too stupid, fat fingers or curious which functions are there for different groups.

Example for this:

a baker can add a resource in category bakery, a butcher can add a resource in category butcher's shops ...

This means there is nothing special to know for the new users. But if you are a baker, choose butcher and try to add your bakery to the RM, then we have a problem like:

hey, admin, why I cant add my bakery?!
or
bakery added to butcher's shops
or
a new thread instead of a new resource

Last edited:
Top Bottom