*Crosses Fingers*

mentir+%25282%2529[1].webp

I'm so glad that is over - XenForo should continue to be a brilliant product that is unique and doesn't bend to the rules and/or UI choices of other software that have been set out in the past.

XenForo has been through a lot and so have we as customers, but we should all rejoice in the fact that KAM can know put full focus into this product without worrying every day of what IB is doing with the law suit.

In short, Congratulations, we love you KAM.

For those of you who may be interested, on Companies House Xenforo Limited is still updated to a Member's List (who owns the company) dated June 2012, so no new update has been sent.

Having said that, this means pretty much nothing, as such updates are not mandatory on a day's notice. Also anyone can get a company report on Xenforo, but would still be based on the last update of said June 2012.

So just keep your calm and wait for Xenforo's announcement.

Not sure why the lawsuit thread is locked at this point. But to say that XF won is a bit optimistic. I'd say IB has won. They have successfully delayed the success of XenForo, which would have been lightyears ahead of vB at this point if it hadn't been sabotaged by this lawsuit. 2 lost years of development basically. XF got nothing out of it except maybe a bit of coverage in the media and on the vB forums. But for that they paid dearly in legal fees.

Anyway, at least the people behind XF don't have to wear this burden anymore. I hope there is still strength in this team to keep delivering the best forum solution in the market. I wish them all the best and hope XF can finally reach its full potential.

well, judging by the post in the Lawsuit status thread..

On 27th Feb 2013 a joint stipulation was filed by both parties agreeing to the complete dismissal (with prejudice) of the case. Each side will have to pay their own lawyer and court costs.

In short, once signed off on by the Judge, the case will be dropped and can never be brought back again. The next update we can expect on PACER will most likely confirm this.

So, whilst they didn't "Win", they prevailed, albeit with a likely hefty legal bill.

But its over and finished, I look forward to a nice lengthy update from Kier, telling us the reasons for the silence (almost certainly legal) and what the status of development is and the roadmap for XF (even if its a rough one!) over the next 12 months or so.

Let's get this train back on the tracks :)

We're all assuming work hasn't been going on in the background, just not in public

I don't know if that would be a problem lawsuit wise, if it came to light work was still going on, but given the dropping of the lawsuit and the stipulation it can't be reopened, then I can't see why not

It'd be nice to assume work has progressed behind closed doors...but it'll just equally nice to see work restart.

I'm going to hold off on renewing my licences until I have seen the development future of the software.

I need solid proof that a new version is coming.

I'm going to hold off on renewing my licences until I have seen the development future of the software.

I need solid proof that a new version is coming.
Lee, Kier has repeatedly stated that they're not fighting for nothing and to survive the legal issues that has been dogging them for the past 2 years or so, to then abandon XF makes no sense.

Like I said, its time to hear from KAM now and I'm sure we will do shortly.

Not sure why the lawsuit thread is locked at this point. But to say that XF won is a bit optimistic. I'd say IB has won. They have successfully delayed the success of XenForo, which would have been lightyears ahead of vB at this point if it hadn't been sabotaged by this lawsuit. 2 lost years of development basically. XF got nothing out of it except maybe a bit of coverage in the media and on the vB forums. But for that they paid dearly in legal fees.

Anyway, at least the people behind XF don't have to wear this burden anymore. I hope there is still strength in this team to keep delivering the best forum solution in the market. I wish them all the best and hope XF can finally reach its full potential.

Please, can we stop pushing made up facts?

Development has not been stopped for 2 years, not even close. The closer figure is around 8 months (the last XF update was July last year)

We also don't know what anyone got out of it. The latest document says each side pays their own lawyer and court bills, the actual information of interest will be in the settlement agreement. For all we know VB might be buying KAM a brand new Ferarri each, a villa in spain and a briefcase full of money. We simply do not know, and we probably never will. (unless we see a picture of KAM infront of a villa with 3 Ferraris :D)

Also, people speculating that KAM must have "sold out" or similar for IB to settle... considering by IB's own documented admission of (December?) last year, XenForo were in an "already favorable" settlement possition prior to the settlement conference. Just consider this, IB losing a case in court is MUCH worse publicity wise to them and their lawyers than a settlement. A settlement allows for PR spin into a positive light (even if the settlement is effectively a lose), a straight up lose by trial would be much worse.

Lee, Kier has repeatedly stated that they're not fighting for nothing and to survive the legal issues that has been dogging them for the past 2 years or so, to then abandon XF makes no sense.

Like I said, its time to hear from KAM now and I'm sure we will do shortly.

I'm aware of that. But I have also seen promises made from other companies that aren't honored. So I will wait and see what happens before investing more money.

I'm aware of that. But I have also seen promises made from other companies that aren't honored. So I will wait and see what happens before investing more money.
I agree and will also be waiting. Also, I've posted this elsewhere:
I cannot give them anymore money until they answer the question, "Will Internet Brands receive any profit from XenForo sales?". In other words, will I be indirectly giving IB my money through XenForo purchases. If they can't answer that, or the answer is not a definite "no", I will not renew, buy new, etc.

I agree with Slavik, there is no need to push made up facts or suppositions. Whatever the terms of the settlement are, if they're not made public, we're unlikely to ever find out.

The main thing to take away is the case is over, finished. KAM can move on with XenForo, IB can move on with vBulletin. Each side pays legal costs, so as always, the only winners here are the legal people. That said, Grace+Grace have done a good job in fighting for XF Ltd - something I hasten to add, they wouldn't have done if they thought they weren't going to get paid. So whilst XF ends up with a big dent in its bank balance, its still around and I have no doubt it will recover.

Top Bottom