XF 1.0 Creating a Simple Modification

By exposing code events and allowing listeners to attach to them, XenForo makes it easy to alter its default functionality with simple callback classes.

The API for doing this is well-defined and documented, so modifications made in this way stand a very good chance of remaining backward compatible through future version updates.

This video shows me creating a simple add-on that allows us to see how an existing thread would look with over a thousand pages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As usual, it's a large, HD video, so I suggest you view it at its original size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right corner of the video.

Edit: If for whatever reason you can't view the video here, view it directly on Vimeo (but please leave comments here, not there).

Optimise for the common case. Threads with over 9,999 pages? I don't think I've ever seen one.

funzies.webp

Kier said:
Doesn't really matter now anyway - I made a change this afternoon that means we support up to 9,999,999 pages.

thx

The red digits are not very visible to my eye.

Do you do DVI to HDMI from your computer to your monitor?

Ceri May said:
It is still less than 9,999 though isn't it??? Again Kier's point was that he hasn't seen a thread OVER 9,999 you still haven't shown one.

Speaking of which, it would be nice to have something in my admincp that could graph/display posts per day in given threads. Only thing we have is global posts per day~

Do you do DVI to HDMI from your computer to your monitor?

What would this matter? You should build your site for the vast majority of users and not specifically target people who do (or don't) use DVI/HDMI to connect their monitors.

There's an XML file that is installed (along with the physical PHP, image, and JS files) that brings everything into the DB for you (from templates to listeners, options, etc; quite a few things actually). That's why Kier "attached" his listener to a specific add-on.
Eh, everything is in the DB again?... would it be possible to move templates to the file system? It would surely make the style development a whole lot easier.

Top Bottom