XF 1.0 Creating a Simple Modification

By exposing code events and allowing listeners to attach to them, XenForo makes it easy to alter its default functionality with simple callback classes.

The API for doing this is well-defined and documented, so modifications made in this way stand a very good chance of remaining backward compatible through future version updates.

This video shows me creating a simple add-on that allows us to see how an existing thread would look with over a thousand pages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As usual, it's a large, HD video, so I suggest you view it at its original size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right corner of the video.

Edit: If for whatever reason you can't view the video here, view it directly on Vimeo (but please leave comments here, not there).

Very nice, can not wait to start making plugins i mite even stop my own projects to make plugin for the Xenforo community.

Only one thing i have to ask is with having to add the addon wrapper and event listener in the admin panel will the people wanted to use the plugin have to do that or will there be like an install file that we can make?

If this was any easier I don't know what I would do. I love how it's so easy to do this and you have help along the way as you create it. I really can't wait to toy with this! :D

Yup, lots of heavy breathing going on in that video. :D

There was subliminal messaging in that video too. Kier's trying to make barefooters out of all of us. ;)

Only one thing i have to ask is with having to add the addon wrapper and event listener in the admin panel will the people wanted to use the plugin have to do that or will there be like an install file that we can make?
There's an XML file that is installed (along with the physical PHP, image, and JS files) that brings everything into the DB for you (from templates to listeners, options, etc; quite a few things actually). That's why Kier "attached" his listener to a specific add-on.

I just watched the video back... hadn't realised that I had the microphone stuck up my nose - my apologies! :oops:
Sweet, but how the heck did you put it on with it going up your nose? When I'm flying, the mic is placed a thumb's distance from my mouth :)

Apparantly Kier, though completely in tune with his feet, has little idea what's going on in his nose. If he looks like he's gonna sneeze... run!

Top Bottom