XF 1.5 create blank page (no page container, header, footer, etc.)

island

Is there an easy way to create a xenforo Page that is "self contained" and doesn't have the page container, header, footer, etc.?

Thanks. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting up to speed and understanding this, but possibly trying some examples will help me understand it better.

I'd like to install xenforo in my root directory because I'd like to have the shorter urls, and have an existing /gallery which I'd like to replace with XFMG and not have /community/gallery but just /gallery

However, I also have a current php cover page / homepage which I'd like to keep. It has some simple php code to do a random image array, pull some feeds, but very simple php. So I don't need to do a blank page for an add-on or more complicated task, just for one "homepage" so I can keep xenforo's index.php in the root yet recreate my current basic custom php cover homepage.

I found I can eliminate the header/footer/breadcrumb elements which I don't want on the cover page homepage by creating a child style of the default style, assigning it to the one homepage page node, and then changing page_container template in clean style assigned to the one page to only
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
</head>
<body>
{xen:raw $contents}
</body>
</html>
But I'll have to come to terms with how to most easily include my existing current php page elements within the xenforo page.

Any further tips/examples would be appreciated. Will read a few more times as well.

Old dog... new tricks... hoping for the best :)

Yes, I know. So I'm trying to learn to run the simple php code that's in my current index.php in a xenforo page.
I have the xenforo page as my "cover page" homepage having now removed all xenforo wrapper page elements from this page by assigning a "clean" child style to this page only, but I still need to learn how to run the basic php in my current index.php file in this new xenforo page which I'd set in xenforo to be my homepage.

(at least I hope it works... definitely adding a bit of complexity, but hate to change my url structure to have /somethingnew/gallery instead of just /gallery for xfmg. If I can have xenforo in root, I can have /forums/forum-name and /gallery both stay unchanged from current.

This looks like it's basic enough for me to start with without getting overwhelmed -- https://xenforo.com/community/threa...call-a-php-file-directly-from-template.47825/

Last edited:
Top Bottom