• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 cPanel transfer made XenForo go wrong

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#2
Looks like the transfer failed in several areas.

A major problem is the missing xf_user table.

You will need to restore a complete database backup and then do a file health check to ensure all files were copied OK.
 

Liam W

Well-known member
#4
Is the database username/database name the same to begin with? Normally cpanel names it based on the cPanel username, which will probably have changed.

Obviously, that's just one issue.
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#5
The FAQ explains how to do a move.

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_data directories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455
 
#6
Hi Brogan!

I'm not really sure why but the database transfer had failed. Now I fixed it but my styles aren't loading. Could you take a look at it, please?

Thanks again,
Daniel Bittar.
 

Liam W

Well-known member
#7
Hi Brogan!

I'm not really sure why but the database transfer had failed. Now I fixed it but my styles aren't loading. Could you take a look at it, please?

Thanks again,
Daniel Bittar.
Template compilation results in error:

http://forum.cirandaespirita.com.br/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=2&dir=LTR&d=1368842241

An exception occurred: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php on line 90

  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. preg_match() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 90
  3. XenForo_CssOutput->parseInput() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 73
  4. XenForo_CssOutput->__construct() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 588
  5. XenForo_CssOutput::run() in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/css.php at line 12
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#8
This is what I see when I click on the XenForo CSS in the page source: http://forum.cirandaespirita.com.br/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=2&dir=LTR&d=1368842241

Code:
An exception occurred: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php on line 90

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
preg_match() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 90
XenForo_CssOutput->parseInput() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 73
XenForo_CssOutput->__construct() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 588
XenForo_CssOutput::run() in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/css.php at line 12
 

Mike Edge

Well-known member
#15
Delete the account on the new server. Increase your max_limit and try again MySQL timed out taking to long to transfer via WHM
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#18
This is what I see when I click on the XenForo CSS in the page source: http://forum.cirandaespirita.com.br/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=2&dir=LTR&d=1368842241

Code:
An exception occurred: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php on line 90

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
preg_match() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 90
XenForo_CssOutput->parseInput() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 73
XenForo_CssOutput->__construct() in XenForo/CssOutput.php at line 588
XenForo_CssOutput::run() in /home/cirandae/public_html/forum/css.php at line 12
For reference, this error indicates that somehow, you have PCRE without Unicode support. This basically has to be explicitly disabled. Usually you want to just compile PCRE from the bundled version that comes with PHP. If it's a managed server, your host may be able to help.