1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coverted from vB to xenforo problem

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by rhonal89, Mar 2, 2013.

1. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

Hi there i converted from vbulletin to Xenforo and now my url are mest up.

Example mydomain.com//forums/16/ its has two // after .com and if i erase one it would direct to the correct address.

this is how i want it to appear mydomain.com/forums/16/

how do i fix this.

Thank You!!

2. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

We'll need some more info. Could you post a screenshot of your Options -> Basic Board Information page?

3. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

Here are two screenshots.
    Capture.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

4. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

5. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

I removed it and still happens.

6. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Your site is working fine for me.

7. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You haven't put the redirects in place by the looks of it.

9. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

Am trying am new to 301. Can't seem to figure it out.

10. Slavik

When you imported, at the end it would of asked you to save an import log table, did you?

11. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

no. As i did't know what it was. I do have the whole vbulletin site backup.

12. Slavik

You would need to delete your current forums, re-do the import and save the import log if you want redirects to work correctly.

13. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

Guess ill do that. Thank You!!

14. rhonal89

rhonal89 New Member

Sorry for the double posting i don't know if i edit my post you would get a notification. Ok i redid the whole process again but now i don't get the last error like mydomain.com//forums/16/ if not this is what i get now mydomain.com/16/ but now its doesn't redirect me to the correct site url witch is this one http://psxforums.com/forums/ps3-game-downloads.16/ but is not doing that anymore. It doesn't say forum anymore. I bet it has something to do with .htaccess witch everything i done to it has failed really bad.

15. Slavik

Ok, now you've got the import log, download the redirection script for vb4 http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/

put the files from the standard-basic-advanced\upload directory where your vb4 installed used to be and enter the configuration in the 301config.php file.