• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Copy usergroup permissions?

oman

Is there an add on available for this? Or could a query be used for it, so that once the usergroups are saved, you could do copy perms usergroup id = x to usergroup id = x?

Thanks.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm sure it's possible. I don't have queries for this off hand. I am reluctant to query the permissions though. And if you are copying entire permission sets then that probably means your groups aren't organized very well in the first place.

Morgain

Jake surely this would be useful? I often want to duplicate a set of permissions for a forum or a usergroup - and then change just a few things.
It's one of the few things I miss from VB. I could copy an existing forum, rename it and tweak it a little. Instead of redoing all the twiddles.

oman

I'm sure it's possible. I don't have queries for this off hand. I am reluctant to query the permissions though. And if you are copying entire permission sets then that probably means your groups aren't organized very well in the first place.
Basically I wanted to easily copy the registered user group, and then modify one permission set. Anyway, did it manually.