Browser issue  copy and paste undo takes out entire paragraph

User

When writing a paragraph and pasting something from the clipboard (Ctrl+V) and then undoing that insert (Ctrl+Z) then entire paragraph is deleted, not just the part that was pasted in.

When writing a paragraph and pasting something from the clipboard (Ctrl+V) and then undoing that insert (Ctrl+Z) then entire paragraph is deleted, not just the part that was pasted in.

Again, what browser? ;) Chrome 12 working fine :D

Firefox 4.0.1, the behavior is consistent regardless whether it's a new post or a reply or with or without quotes, etc.

I noticed this in Firefox and IMO this is a browser bug. All I have to do is press the down arrow key (the cursor stays in place), or move my mouse under the line (and again the cursor stays in place) and the line does not get highlighted when I paste something in. It seems to me that FF assumes if your mouse is at the end of a line, you want to do something with that line.

I don't think that we actually have any control over what happens with the undo process in the browser. (We only have limited paste options as well, I believe.)

Top Bottom