XF 2.0 Text editor formatting when copy and paste

Mr Lucky

I’ve noticed since upgrading that some members’ posts have small font bbcode. When I questioned them they said they had no idea because they just copy and paste from a word processor.

I could be wrong but I don’g Remover this happening with xf1, or is there an option somewhere that could strip out formatting when pasting text from a formatted document?

Most formatting is stripped out, though it depends on what the formatting is specifically. There isn't a definitively correct approach here as there are situations where both scenarios can be considered correct.

To really make any judgement calls, we'd need to know the exact program they're pasting from and exactly how the content is formatted in that. It will affect the specific HTML that is passed to the editor. (Saying that, this is mostly part of the underlying rich text editor library we use, so we couldn't guarantee any sort of changes.)

To really make any judgement calls, we'd need to know the exact program they're pasting from and exactly how the content is formatted in that.

It is a word document. Ends up in xenforo like this:

Code:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Great series- a really strong bit of story telling.  though I find the soundtrack most odd; mainly in that it consists of a lot of what’s on my ipod (Nick Cave, PJ Harvey etc) & is a bit distracting for that reason- plus its historical “anachronicity”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Top Bottom