1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting to xf from ipb 4

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Seohyun, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Seohyun

Seohyun New Member

is there presently a way to do this? I am running the latest build and I am looking to convert it to xf briefly.
  2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

There is not a converter for Ipb 4x yet. But what you can try, is to convert to another forum that has an Ipb 4 converter and then convert to xenforo.
  3. rv65

rv65 Active Member

MyBB has an importer for 4.x, but it is not for the latest build. Xenforo could consider building one, if they have a database for it, so it could be included in a future 1.5.x release. If you want, you can contact @Chris D and include your DB for IPB 4.x, so that could help them make an importer that might help others in your situation.
    borbole likes this.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

They have a 4.0.13 DB currently.
  5. rv65

rv65 Active Member

Hopefully that means ipb 4.x can have aN importer in the near future either for 2.0 or in a later 1.5.x release.
  6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon New Member

Yes, I sent them my database and files as I also want to switch as fast as possible... IBP4 is just missing too many features, has a lot of bugs and the editor is too slow to be used on low-power devices :(

Here's hoping for a converter :)
  7. Tungsten

Tungsten Member

Yeah... I'd like to throw in my own request for a converter here. I am not thrilled at all with the direction IPB is taking with 4.1 and would prefer to move one of my largest communities over to XenForo.
  8. rv65

rv65 Active Member

Of course, if they have as many db's as possible, then we could see an importer in a future version, but the focus is on v2.0. Though, I could totally see IPB 4.x importer in a future 1.5 release.
  9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Flamey, wang and Brogan like this.
  10. Tracy Perry

11. Kev Collins

Kev Collins Member

What's the chances of the converter working on IPB4.1.5 please.
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should function with 4.1.5.
  13. Tracy Perry

It worked just fine on 4.1.3 for me. I don't think there were any DB changes between 4.1.3 and 4.1.5 that would have effected it.
    Robust likes this.
  14. Kev Collins

Kev Collins Member

Many thanks for your help.