Converter for vBulletin 5?

Is there a way to convert from vB5 to XenForo?

Please also stop being smart asses by doing posts like the ones above. There are people who actually have big problems and are waiting for solutions.
We've converted many boards from vBulletin 5 like Tonmo.com (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vb5-importer.61940/#post-664800), Mike's forum (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-to-buy-xforo-currently-vb5-have-some.68504/#post-719470) and http://xenforo.com/community/thread...er-experts-english-español.69924/#post-732512

Has anyone come up with a direct converter for vbulletin 5 yet?

Obviously there is a market for this out there after people that are using vb5 realized that they made a mistake. :)

I had gConverter write a custom script to convert a DotNetNuke site to XF and the price was reasonable, but no where near the cheap cost for more popular forums. I would be willing to bet that they could figure out VB5->XF, but it sounds like there are more options than just them. No one touches DNN so I got lucky with them.

Let me ask another related silly question...has anyone dealt with the resulting 404 tsunami from upgrading an older VBSEO-enabled site to vB 5? I'm hoping there is an .htaccess fix that doesn't involve 10,000 individual redirects...

Extremely generous of you! I'm currently attempting to roll back the install to version 3.8x and get a refund (seems prudent)...I'll see how that goes...I may, then, just be able to go from that to Xenforo.

I am curious to know why folks ultimately decided to actually upgrade to vb5. I have followed its development with utter astonishment at how slow and buggy it was, and at no point did I feel it was anywhere close to consider using. Are there or were there sites on which it actually ran fast enough to tolerate? I never really thought vb4 was worth using, but at least the speed issues were addressed in that release.

Has anyone come up with a direct converter for vbulletin 5 yet?

Obviously there is a market for this out there after people that are using vb5 realized that they made a mistake. :)

I am curious to know why folks ultimately decided to actually upgrade to vb5. I have followed its development with utter astonishment at how slow and buggy it was, and at no point did I feel it was anywhere close to consider using. Are there or were there sites on which it actually ran fast enough to tolerate? I never really thought vb4 was worth using, but at least the speed issues were addressed in that release.

Regardless of ones opinions on VB 5, I'm very surprised as well that there is no VB 5 converter. There are likely countless people that would like to move to Xenforo without having to break the piggy bank to do so.

It's absolutely a missed market. You have a lot of people disgruntled with VB 5 that may want to move over but are stuck because Xenforo doesn't offer any option to do so.

However IPB does. So at that point why go with Xenforo if you can't port over, but instead go to IPB that allows you to do so with their converter. It's almost like Xenforo doesn't care if it gets more paying customers. Very odd indeed especially considering how long VB 5 has been out. There are many that likely just pass right on by and go to the competition because of it without saying a word.

Top Bottom