Convert IPB to Xenforo Arabic?

redwolf6

Hello,

I have a IPB licence 3.3.1 version but I don't like it at all. I have been using it since 1 year and I find it buggy. Anyway, I was in a forum and I really liked the interface and it was using Xenforo.

So I would like to know if I get a licence, can i get convert my Board to Xenforo without losing the members / posts? everything will be in Arabic? no problem at all?

Is there a lot of mods and styles here? Is it easy to play with it?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a IPB licence 3.3.1 version but I don't like it at all. I have been using it since 1 year and I find it buggy. Anyway, I was in a forum and I really liked the interface and it was using Xenforo.

So I would like to know if I get a licence, can i get convert my Board to Xenforo without losing the members / posts? everything will be in Arabic? no problem at all?

Thanks!

I converted my forum from vb4.1 to XF 1.1 in Jan with +842K posts +25k member and +42 threads
it was a big move and I had no problem with any things
old links, members password , posts (y)

and A lot of my member loved it :)

here is my forum link
http://www.animedesert.com/community/

and here is the thread about the move ( you can see my members view about it )
http://www.animedesert.com/community/threads/52964/

I don't know how it will go for you since you are converting from IPB
but at least you MUST give it a try ;)

Is there a lot of mods and styles here? Is it easy to play with it?

there is a lot of good mods here
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

Wow very good. But is it easy to find themes and mods in Arabic?

Any idea where I can sell my IPB licence? Yeah I am not a fan of IPB..Just tired of it. I need something new and Xenforo looks so good for me :)

Thanks for the help guys :)

I found a licence for $100 for Xenforo, do you think it's good idea to get it? or get a new one?

Note that licenses can only be transferred once. So you would not be able to resell your license if you bought it used. And there is always a small amount of risk when you buy from a third party because we cannot enforce the transaction.

So you mean I can choose any theme and it'll work?

Yes.

Is it possible to implement Arabic and other language packs selectively over certain parts of the forum?

Or if you install Arabic pack then the whole forum goes Arabic?

You can install multiple language packs. Then it becomes a user preference where individual users can choose which language they want to use. Languages can't be assigned to specific sections, but that is possible with an addon. Something similar to this:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/different-style-per-domain-code-example.394/

Note that language packs only translate the default language on the forum. They do not translate user posts.

Note that language packs only translate the default language on the forum. They do not translate user posts.

Thanks Jake for the reply.

I am interested in the right to left writing style of Arabic. If I am not mistaken I understand the Arabic from user posts comes from the Arabic keyboard they use, right?

Now for instance if I were using an Arabic keyboard would I be able to write in Arabic right here? Would it come out in right-to-left format?

Or do you have to enable R-to-L somewhere? And if you do can you enable it selectively in some areas of the forum, or once enabled it affects the whole forum?

RTL is enabled as part of the language pack. An Arabic language pack would have RTL turned on.

Now for instance if I were using an Arabic keyboard would I be able to write in Arabic right here? Would it come out in right-to-left format?

Good question. I haven't tested that specific scenario. But I have typed English posts on Arabic forums which is the opposite scenario. When I type English on an Arabic forum my post is LTR even though the rest of the forum is RTL. So I assume Arabic posts would render RTL on a LTR forum.

Just a little update:

I want to say there's no comparison between IPB and XF. I mean XF is very SEO friendly, and the best thing is the Ads. You can place ads in different locations, in different pages, it's very easy and so good.

The styling is awesome and easy!

The best decision I made is by moving to XF and I welcome anyone to convert to it because seriously it's the best!

Top Bottom