IPB 4.3.3 to Xenforo Questions

Subseven

I'm running IPB 4.3.3 and was thinking about switching to Xenforo. I too am so sick of IPB's BS renewal system. I am using the Registry (garage), Pages, and other assorted mods (of which I can do without).
  1. Can the conversion be done across hosts (Siteground to Godaddy)?
  2. How long does it take?
  3. What will I lose?
  4. Where can I find a list of Xenforo's features such as paid subscriptions, gallery, and what not?
  5. Does Xenforo require a SSL certificate?
  6. Are upgrades alwas free and easy?
  7. Does Xenforo work with Tapatalk?
I know I'll have many more questions, but this is a start I guess.

I'm running IPB 4.3.3 and was thinking about switching to Xenforo. I too am so sick of IPB's BS renewal system. I am using the Registry (garage), Pages, and other assorted mods (of which I can do without).
  1. Can the conversion be done across hosts (Siteground to Godaddy)?
  2. How long does it take?
  3. What will I lose?
  4. Where can I find a list of Xenforo's features such as paid subscriptions, gallery, and what not?
  5. Does Xenforo require a SSL certificate?
  6. Are upgrades alwas free and easy?
  7. Does Xenforo work with Tapatalk?
I know I'll have many more questions, but this is a start I guess.
  1. xenforo have an imporrt tool sô you can easy to import from IPB to 197010
  2. Depend on your curent forum i guess
  3. don't know dêpnd on you
  4. https://xenforo.com/purchase/ more you can use some free or paid add on style on this forums
  5. No
  6. not always free you can update for free 1 year after that you need to purcharge to upgrade (but you still can use old version if you don't want to upgrade) and the upgrade is easy (find it here
  7. I see tapatalk have an add on so you can use tapatalk with xenforo

Once you purchase a licence, you're entitled to download to the latest version of the software until your licence expires.

Once it expires, you can continue to use the latest version you were entitled to download before it expired, forever.

You only have to pay the renewal if an update comes out that you want to download and your licence is expired, once bought you'll be entitled to another 12 months worth of updates.

Are you trying to say that you have to purchase the upgrade? How much are these and how often? Please explain.
You purchase an xenForo license for a specific price and you get 1 year worth of upgrade file downloads. You can download upgrade files at any point in time during the 1 year period. If your xenForo license expires, you need to renew to download future upgrade releases.

Anyway, I'll answer your questions from the first post:

1. Yes!
2. Depends on how large your forum is and your server.
3. You will lose anything that isn't supported by the importer. Posts, threads, members, avatars, attachments, the common stuff should transfer over.

There is no official IPB to XF 2 importer btw. You will have to import to XF 1 and then upgrade. Basically, it's a longer procedure.

4. Try out the demo. You can also view add-ons /styles here.
5. No, but I would recommend you have an SSL cert installed.
6. They are free if your xenForo license is active. After 1 year, it expires and you will have to renew your license.
7. There is an add-on - https://www.tapatalk.com/download_xenforo.php

You purchase an xenForo license for a specific price and you get 1 year worth of upgrade file downloads. You can download upgrade files at any point in time during the 1 year period. If your xenForo license expires, you need to renew to download future upgrade releases.

Sounds like IPB but they're $50 for every 6 months. How much is to renew Xenforo for 1 year? Are there any other renewals you'd need like for gallery and other addons? If so, how much generally?

Sounds like IPB but they're $50 for every 6 months. How much is to renew Xenforo for 1 year? Are there any other renewals you'd need?
In IPB if you don't pay the renewal price, you don't have access to the resources section (downloading addons). In XF you have always access to it, no matter if your license is active or not (as long as you have one). So you don't need to buy a renewal if you don't want.

It looks like IPS locks you out of their add on store and community support forum if you don't renew. With XF I believe you still have access to the resource manager and forums even if your licence has expired.

IPS:

Top Bottom