Fixed Conversion from IP.Board?

DarkGizmo

Lately i've been having a problem with my IP.Board and i'm considering of possibly picking up another license or using my current license for my main forum. This problem happened after upgrading to IP.Board 3.3.4. When I post my post first appears underneath the quick reply box and the rest of the forum and I have to re-fresh the page in order to see the post below the rest of the posts like it should be so my question is this, if IPS can't fix this problem for me is there a way to convert from IPB 3.3.4 to Xenforo 1.1.3?

Hi i got this error at the threads import:
Undefined index: post_title
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php at line 2625
  2. XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/revillut/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13
Any idea why?

Hi i got this error at the threads import:
Undefined index: post_title
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php at line 2625
  2. XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  3. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/revillut/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13
Any idea why?

Check the posts table (might include a prefix) in your IPB database. Does it include a column called "post_title"? If not then that explains the error.

Here is a code fix you can try:

library/XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php

Replace the red code:

Rich (BB code):
				foreach ($posts AS $i => $post)
				{
					if (!is_null($post['post_title']) && $post['post_title'] !== '' && !preg_match($threadTitleRegex, $post['post_title']))
					{
						$post['post'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['post_title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['post']);
					}

$post['post'] = $this->_parseIPBoardBbCode($post['post']);

if (trim($post['author_name']) === '')
					{
						$post['username'] = 'Guest';
					}

//echo "<div>Import message $post[pid]<br /><textarea rows=4 cols=60>" . $this->_strToHex($post['post']) . "</textarea></div>";

Like so:

Rich (BB code):
				foreach ($posts AS $i => $post)
				{
					if (isset($post['post_title']) && $post['post_title'] !== '' && !preg_match($threadTitleRegex, $post['post_title']))
					{
						$post['post'] = '[b]' . htmlspecialchars_decode($post['post_title']) . "[/b]\n\n" . ltrim($post['post']);
					}

$post['post'] = $this->_parseIPBoardBbCode($post['post']);

if (trim($post['author_name']) === '')
					{
						$post['username'] = 'Guest';
					}

//echo "<div>Import message $post[pid]<br /><textarea rows=4 cols=60>" . $this->_strToHex($post['post']) . "</textarea></div>";

Thank you for this this worked for me to the only promblem i am now having is on my old forum i havedoes have 11,385 Total Posts but the new forum on xenforo only now has
Discussions:

You should go to Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches

Then rebuild the Thread Information then rebuild the Forum Information.

The Forum Statistics on the front page are updated every 10 minutes by a cron. You can force it to update by manually running the cron:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> Rebuild Board Totals Counter -> Controls: Run

If you feel that the stats are still not correct then it may be because the thread and forum counters are not correct. You can manually rebuild those as well:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches
> Rebuild Thread Information
> Rebuild Forum Information

Note that deleted and moderated posts/threads are excluded from the counts.

If after all of this the counts are still not what you expect then I can think of three possibilities:

1) Some of the threads / posts failed to import. When running the importer it tells you the number of successful records for each module.

2) The counts were wrong in IPB and are correct in XF.

3) IPB and XF count things differently. I am not very experienced with IPB so I don't know this for sure. But it's a possibility.

The code fix I posted above has been confirmed to work for several people. It seems to be an issue with IPB 3.3. I am moving this to bug reports.

An explanation was posted by AWS:

If he was running 3.2 before going to 3.3 and then 3.4 then he'll have that table. It was removed in 3.3, but, left in the database on upgrades for backwards compatibility.

So starting with IPB 3.3, this problem depends on if the IPB forum is a new install or was upgraded to 3.3.

Hello,

Any one has faced this issue in the user import step :

Server Error

unserialize(): Error at offset 194 of 1164 bytes

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 966
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->_importUser() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 942
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->_importOrMergeUser() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 731
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepUsers() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 175
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:.....\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:.....\admin.php at line 13

Hello,

Any one has faced this issue in the user import step :

Server Error

unserialize(): Error at offset 194 of 1164 bytes

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 966
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->_importUser() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 942
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->_importOrMergeUser() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\IPBoard.php at line 731
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepUsers() in C:.....\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 175
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in C:.....\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:.....\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:.....\admin.php at line 13

Please post your issue in the correct forum. :)

You will need to associate your forum user name with your license if you wish to receive support.

Top Bottom