Resource icon

Conversation Improvements by Xon 1.3.15

No permission to download
v1.3.0.

A user with the below Conversation Permissions has created/sent a new conversation to another user (only two users in the conversation) ...
Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 01.10.03.webp

The recipient/receiver of the conversation, with the below Conversation Permissions, does not have the reply box to respond to the conversation ...
Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 01.09.40.webp

What could be the issue? Why can the recipient not reply to the conversation?

@Mouth is the conversation open? The conversation starter can lock the conversation, and you get little UI feedback that this has happened.

Yes, they tell me it's still open.
Do you have any other add-on's which touch Conversations? Conversation Essentials shouldn't conflict with this.

Can you try editing the permissions of the groups they are a member of by toggling an option, saving, and then toggling it back?

Can you try editing the permissions of the groups they are a member of by toggling an option, saving, and then toggling it back?
Done that, and asked the reporting user to try and reproduce the issue.
Thanks.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon is there an easy way to add in the ability to kick people out of conversations? we've got a few banned members that are parts of group converstions and i'm getting tired of people asking me why they're still on the conversation list.

Reactions: rdn
@Xon is there an easy way to add in the ability to kick people out of conversations? we've got a few banned members that are parts of group converstions and i'm getting tired of people asking me why they're still on the conversation list.
Conversation Essentials has this functionality, but having both Conversation Essentials and Conversation Improvements installed at the same time produces some wonky behaviour.

I aim to fix the compatibility issues hopefully within the week, and make Conversation Improvements required for Conversation Essentials.

Conversation Improvements required for Conversation Essentials
If that's the case, is it possible to turn off the ability to search conversations, and would doing so prevent the messages from being indexed?

Conversation Essentials has this functionality, but having both Conversation Essentials and Conversation Improvements installed at the same time produces some wonky behaviour.

I aim to fix the compatibility issues hopefully within the week, and make Conversation Improvements required for Conversation Essentials.
I know, but unfortunately, the kick function is the only feature I need since you added liking conversations to Conversation Improvements. We don't use prefixes and a lot of the other functions are for bigger boards.

If that's the case, is it possible to turn off the ability to search conversations, and would doing so prevent the messages from being indexed?
ElasticSearch Essentials 2.x helps prevents extra types and data which aren't viewable from impacting search results, but it does add data to your search index.

I know, but unfortunately, the kick function is the only feature I need since you added liking conversations to Conversation Improvements. We don't use prefixes and a lot of the other functions are for bigger boards.
Ah. I don't currently have any plans on moving the kick feature from Essentials to Improvements. I am however going to be stripping duplicate features out of Essentials and leaving them in Improvements.

ElasticSearch Essentials 2.x helps prevents extra types and data which aren't viewable from impacting search results, but it does add data to your search index.
Would this slow down a big board? I'm fine with Convess the way it is, so learning that I'll need conversation improvements to run it, and then purchase elasticsearch essentials too... it seems like a bit much.

Would this slow down a big board?
It works fine on Space Battles and Sufficient Velocity, both are quite large and active sites.

Performance is a feature, and a feature I intent to ensure all my add-ons have.

I'm fine with Convess the way it is, so learning that I'll need conversation improvements to run it, and then purchase elasticsearch essentials too... it seems like a bit much.
Conversation Improvements just has overlap in functionality, it is also free, and I don't want to maintain two separate codebases which do exactly the same thing.

ElasticSearch Essentials helps if you have a number of custom content types which are not always visible to everyone. The entire use case was to prevent conversations and searchable reports (from my Report Improvements add-on) from reducing the amount of search hits a user would get back. This includes the recent activity tab on someone's profile too.

Same here :|.

Ah. I don't currently have any plans on moving the kick feature from Essentials to Improvements. I am however going to be stripping duplicate features out of Essentials and leaving them in Improvements.

there's at least a little interest in this, so maybe you can strip and replace that function from essentials to improvements? something to think about at least.

What is the process for changing a site from Conversation Essentials to Conversation Improvements?

Simply uninstall Essentials and then install Improvements?

What is the process for changing a site from Conversation Essentials to Conversation Improvements?

Simply uninstall Essentials and then install Improvements?
If you do this, all conversation message likes will be lost. The next version of Conversation Essentials will migrate message likes to Conversation Improvement's format.

I'm hoping to finalise the migration bits and testing in the next week or two.

Thanks for an excellent addon, as always, @Xon.
One thing we've noticed - if a conversation message gets enough likes that the likes message becomes ".. and 6 others like this" - the "others" link doesn't work.
It seems to link to http://blah.com/conversation/likes?message_id=805830 (for example), which gives a "The requested page could not be found." error.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom