Resource icon

Conversation Improvements by Xon 1.3.15

No permission to download
Snap! Do we hear 6? :)
Prefix Essentials, Tag Essentials went to @Stuart Wright
I picked up Conversation Essentials, User Essentials, Elastic Search Essentials, Moderator Essentials. So that is 6.

I've then got an Xen Product Manager Essentials, which is in private beta atm. I want to add some better stats reporting before I release 1.0.0 but I use it myself.

So not quite yet 7 :P

@Xon

Manage Conversations by anyone - does this selection only allow the moderator to edit a conversation are a part of - or does it allow them to go into any conversation and edit it, even if they are not a part of it?

Thanks!

Manage Conversations by anyone - does this selection only allow the moderator to edit a conversation are a part of - or does it allow them to go into any conversation and edit it, even if they are not a part of it?
It only allows a moderator to edit a conversation they are already a part of.

Based on the database schema modification statement under "Or just edit support:", I assumed this addon could run without the `_likes` and `like_users` columns being added to the xf_conversation_message table, as long as the likes feature isn't actually used. But I'm getting the error "Unknown column '_likes' in 'field list'" from code that tries to create a conversation message, so it looks like that's not correct.

What code changes would we need to make to disable conversation likes completely, so that those columns don't need to be added to the database? You might also want to put a warning about this next to the "Or just edit support" instructions in the overview.

@llk while it can support not having the Like columns when viewing or reading converstaions, XF's datawriter system isn't smart enough to handle missing columns when starting a conversation or replying to it.

I've updated the documentation to correctly state both are required.

XF2 entity system may be a regression due to requiring so much to be loaded at once :(

So much nicer in other ways, but if you have a large number of entities loaded; you have to pay the memory cost of them. However, only loading them once may help compared to how 'wide' the XF1 queries are.

Last edited:
The version the resource manager called 2017-0-18, is just 1.3.11 without the verison id set correctly. Re-uploaded the same zip to give it the right version number

Top Bottom