Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Hi Xon,

I have just intalled your add-on and I encouter an important performance issue.

Previously I was able to navigate into conversations menus without latencies and now, each click on links into conversations takes ages.
Are there any known issues related to your add-on performances on very large forums with a lot of conversations? It is my case... :)
FYI I have in my inbox around 1 000 000 messages as I automate conversations sending everyday from another add-on...
On the board side I have 2 000 000 messages.

I deactivate the add-on for now waiting for your answer :)

Thanks

David

It shouldn't be doing that! But it is hard to diagnose why without checking obvious query usage for for things hitting too many conversations.
  • Are you using the conversation inbox limit feature?
  • Have you tried viewing the page in debug mode ($config['debug'] = true; in config.php, then ?_debug=1 on the URL)?
You probably will need to open a ticket on my site for further debugging.

@Xon

Small issue, more of an FYI. This option won't accept a value of 0 (enabling the full preview) :)

View attachment 264150
Fixed for the next version.

Hi Xon,

I have just intalled your add-on and I encouter an important performance issue.

Previously I was able to navigate into conversations menus without latencies and now, each click on links into conversations takes ages.
Are there any known issues related to your add-on performances on very large forums with a lot of conversations? It is my case... :)
FYI I have in my inbox around 1 000 000 messages as I automate conversations sending everyday from another add-on...
On the board side I have 2 000 000 messages.

I deactivate the add-on for now waiting for your answer :)

Thanks

David
I've identified a number of slower than expected queries and should have some fixes out soon.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.6.9 - Bugfix update

• Fix conversation "Preview Length" option not accepting 0 to disable it
  • On an invalid export format, give a more useful error message instead of a server-side error
  • Performance improvements when a very large number of conversations are present.
    • Reduce query complexity by removing unneeded joins, and ensuring filtering only touches the minimum number of tables.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Getting this error since update to the latest release:

• Error: Call to a member function hydrateRelation() on bool
  • src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php:190

Getting this error since update to the latest release:

• Error: Call to a member function hydrateRelation() on bool
  • src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php:190
I will need the full-stack trace to better debug this.

Hmm, the error is gone for now. I'll let you know as soon as there pops up another one.

this looks really interesting.. but how do I buy it - sorry its so confusing when I click buy and register and have to have a license .. like WHYYYY
Surley no one will buy this unless they have xenfor license in the first place

also, I need to know if it has a pre-defined option to reply.. - I see auto-reply .. but can there be auto-reply where you select which reply to send in conversations please

This looks really cool! I already have Conversation Improvements, and would like to get this too. I use do [Liam W.] Conversation Folders. Will this interfere? Thanks!

I don't believe it will, but the folders may be a little redundant since this add-on implements it's own version. Let me know if you need some migration SQL queries as that should be straight forward.

I don't believe it will, but the folders may be a little redundant since this add-on implements it's own version. Let me know if you need some migration SQL queries as that should be straight forward.
It's free and I don't think anyone is even using it at the moment, so I'll just disable it and check out yours. I've made my monthly mod purchase, so it will most likely be May when I get yours. Food/rent is priority. hehehe

Thanks!

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom