Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Copy to thread should work with more, are there any error messages or server error logs?

Or does it just take a long time?

Copy to thread should work with more, are there any error messages or server error logs?

Or does it just take a long time?
I've tried several conversations and it always stops at 250 messages. No server error logs.

I'm also not sure if we used this add-on previously for copying conversations to threads, but there used to be a notification if it was going to take longer because of a long conversations, as well as an alert once the conversation was successfully copied.

I tried disabling all add-ons, then enabling only Standard Library, Conversation Improvements, and Conversation Essentials. It still only copies the first 250 messages in any conversation.

What is the memory limit? I'm suspecting there is an OOM condition causing it to die somehow.

I checked with our web host and it looks like our memory usage is high (if that is what you are referring to). I'm going to work with them to see what we can do about that. If the "copy to thread" problem is still happening after we get our memory usage worked out, I can submit a help ticket on your site so I don't clog up this thread? The "export" (to HTML, plain text, etc.) does work perfectly. ^-^

I checked with our web host and it looks like our memory usage is high (if that is what you are referring to). I'm going to work with them to see what we can do about that. If the "copy to thread" problem is still happening after we get our memory usage worked out, I can submit a help ticket on your site so I don't clog up this thread? The "export" (to HTML, plain text, etc.) does work perfectly. ^-^
I'm fairly sure I've found the bug, but can you open a ticket on my test site so I can ask a few more questions?

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.5.3 - Bugfix update

• Fix leaving a conversation unexpectedly marking other conversation recipients as having left since v2.4.1 of this add-on
    • This may have resulted in accidental conversation deleting if the "Prevent conversation hard-delete" option was disabled.
  • When copying a conversation to a thread, do not bail out on approximately 1 page of messages.

v2.5.2 change notes;
  • Force global namespace for functions which are known to be optimizable to bytecode in php...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How does a moderator leave a conversation? I had one that joined a reported conversation, but when she tried to leave, it wouldn't let her? I have this plugin but couldn't figure out where to fix this?

Thanks!

Report improvements is what force-joins a moderator to a reported conversation. Without any more information troubleshooting this is difficult

I'd like to suggest a seen/unseen icon indicator on conversations list. Something like this:

seen-pc.webp

It helps you choose quickly which conversations to archive and which needs a follow up message or clearing the conversation list without opening conversations one by one to see if your message has been seen or not.

Thanks.

Hi @Xon , I have this error logged once in my admin CP today and I think it's related to this add-on or at least one of your add-ons. Is this a bug or atleast anything for me to be concerned about?

Code:
Server error log
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry '0-6353' for key 'PRIMARY' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230
Generated by: Natif Gamer Oct 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM
Stack trace
INSERT  INTO `xf_sv_convess_label_user_stat` (`label_id`, `user_id`, `use_count`, `unread_count`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1512): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_sv_convess_l...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1244): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Entity/ConvEssUserData.php(147): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Entity/ConvEssUserData.php(64): SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConvEssUserData->updateLabelUsage(NULL, 0, true)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1268): SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConvEssUserData->_postSave()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1262): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#10 src/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(227): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#11 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(71): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->_save()
#12 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(42): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->_save()
#13 src/XF/Service/User/Welcome.php(190): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#14 src/XF/Service/User/Welcome.php(85): XF\Service\User\Welcome->sendMessage()
#15 src/XF/Service/User/RegistrationComplete.php(30): XF\Service\User\Welcome->send()
#16 src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Service/User/RegistrationComplete.php(18): XF\Service\User\RegistrationComplete->triggerCompletionActions()
#17 src/XF/Service/User/EmailConfirmation.php(97): DBTech\Credits\XF\Service\User\RegistrationComplete->triggerCompletionActions()
#18 src/XF/Service/User/EmailConfirmation.php(58): XF\Service\User\EmailConfirmation->triggerExtraActions('email_confirm')
#19 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(29): XF\Service\User\EmailConfirmation->emailConfirmed()
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionEmail(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:AccountConfi...', 'Email', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation), NULL)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#24 src/XF/App.php(2345): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#25 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#26 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#27 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(63) "/account-confirmation/natif-gamer.6353/email?c=iTvi3H8BhOOZnL5v"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/account-confirmation/natif-gamer_6353/email"] => string(0) ""
    ["c"] => string(16) "iTvi3H8BhOOZnL5v"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Xon Can I use this addon to mass send conversations to a particular usergroup?
I know the addon supports groups but I’m not sure if the users needs to be added one by one to those groups.

No, the group functionality is more ad-hoc groups rather than existing XenForo groups.

For bulk messages you are better off with a notice pointing to a thread.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.6.6 - Feature update

• php 8.1 compatibility
  • Require XF2.2+
  • Document required php extensions;
    • zip - required for the conversation export feature
  • Improvements to conversation export feature
    • Fix json export not being fully valid
    • Reduce IO & memory usage during export
    • Display a useful message when an export is requested
    • Improve robustness of the export process
  • Fix kicked user could not be re-invited to a conversation
  • Fix "[ConvEss] Can use...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of AVForums\ConversationMonitor\SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationLabel::getLabelUseCount(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationLabelUserStat $label) must be compatible with SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConversationLabel::getLabelUseCount(SV\ConversationEssentials\Entity\ConversationLabelUserStat $label): array
  • src/addons/AVForums/ConversationMonitor/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConversationLabel.php:17
  • Generated by: kdubbya
  • Jan 5, 2022 at 7:40 AM
This update broke a few things. Still trying to figure out what....it literally broke the entire Conversation process and is generating 100s of errors.

Top Bottom