Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
@Xon
Any thoughts about this?

Code:
Server error log
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection::forceRemove() src/XF/Entity/ConversationMaster.php:239
Generated by: Vinko2125 02.10.2020. at 17:16
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationMaster.php(626): XF\Entity\ConversationMaster->recipientRemoved()
#1 src/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php(54): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationMaster->recipientRemoved()
#2 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php(95): XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1266): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient->_postSave()
#4 src/XF/Service/User/Welcome.php(210): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/XF/Service/User/Welcome.php(84): XF\Service\User\Welcome->sendMessage()
#6 src/XF/Service/User/RegistrationComplete.php(30): XF\Service\User\Welcome->send()
#7 src/XF/Service/User/EmailConfirmation.php(97): XF\Service\User\RegistrationComplete->triggerCompletionActions()
#8 src/XF/Service/User/EmailConfirmation.php(58): XF\Service\User\EmailConfirmation->triggerExtraActions()
#9 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AccountConfirmation.php(29): XF\Service\User\EmailConfirmation->emailConfirmed()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\AccountConfirmation->actionEmail()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop()
#14 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(464): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp()
#17 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "/account-confirmation/vinko2125.38857/email?c=gDtJ98G-VkVmKEQI"
  ["referrer"] => string(36) "android-app://com.google.android.gm/"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/account-confirmation/vinko2125_38857/email"] => string(0) ""
    ["c"] => string(16) "gDtJ98G-VkVmKEQI"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Exactly the same over here.
Seems to happen when a user is registered.
This also breaks the new feature 'Enable writing before registering'. The guest post is not confirmed after registering.

I have Conversation Essentials 2.2.1 running on my forum now. Since I could not or was unable to figure out the upgrade path and my license was expired anyway, I went ahead and just paid for and downloaded the latest full version 2.4.3.

I think our license expired and it was just easier at the time yesterday just to buy the addon fresh.

Now, my question is this: Do I just upload the js and src and overwrite what is there on the server (via FTP of course), and then I should see where Conversation Essentials should appear at the top of the Addon's list ready to UPGRADE. OR, should I UNINSTALL Conversation Essentials and upload the js and src and treat it like a brand new install?

As a side note: I am operating at the 2.2.0 latest Xenforo now.

I am running XenForo 2.1.10 Patch 2, and the latest version of Conversation Essentials (2.4.3). I've noticed that I am unable to use the conversation filter inside of a labeled folder. If I try to filter by "Started by..." or "Received by..." it just brings me to an error page that says: The requested page could not be found.

@Xon. A question about limiting the inbox size. Let's say my users need to upgrade to get more than x number of conversations/messages.

If a user chooses to leave a conversation, the number of conversations in their inbox is reduced by 1, which means they could keep leaving conversations to avoid having to upgrade. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

@Xon. A question about limiting the inbox size. Let's say my users need to upgrade to get more than x number of conversations/messages.

If a user chooses to leave a conversation, the number of conversations in their inbox is reduced by 1, which means they could keep leaving conversations to avoid having to upgrade. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
If that is possible, I think you would have a lot of unhappy users. It's a bit like holding them to ransom: upgrade or lose the ability to use conversations when your inbox is full. :(

I do use the addon the give people an incentive to upgrade and get more inbox quota, but if I forced it like that I'm sure many would just leave the forum.

I also allow them to export conversations for the same reason.

Last edited:
If that is possible, I think you would have a lot of unhappy users. It's a bit like holding them to ransom: upgrade or lose the ability to use conversations when your inbox is full. :(

I do use the addon the give people an incentive to upgrade and get more inbox quota, but if I forced it like that I'm sure many would just leave the forum.

I also allow them to export conversations for the same reason.
I agree. I use it in this same way and it seems to work.

Seeing some sort of template/CSS styling issue on conversation_list with this enabled, using XF 2.2.1 with a default/unmodified style and all other addons disabled.

Disabled

1605049365025.webp

Enabled

1605049382214.webp

1605049532006.webp

Need to overhaul the template modification, just working on fixing the 'mute single conversation' option which is honestly rather broken

Top Bottom