Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
We have had a conversation reported and when an admin tries to follow the link back to the conversation. The link is broken code and displays about:blank#blocked. Here is the content of the link.
Code:
<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="link link--external" data-proxy-href="/proxy.php?link=http%3A%2F%2F&amp;hash=f9b396024682861bfd33a9dee0e06cb8" rel="noopener">Conversation message in 'Plato'</a>
If I disable conversation essentials, the problem disappears and clicking the link goes to the conversation. This is easily reproduced on my system. i.e. it always happens. Since it is not a common action to report a conversation and only mods and admins see it, I just saw it today.

We do not have Report Improvements installed. We use the vanilla reporting facility with a target forum private to the moderators and admins.

It seems to work OK for reported posts, which is the only other use of reporting that we have active.

XenForo blindly uses the reported_thread_message phrase and injects an empty content link even if none is supported. This isn't a bug with my add-ons.

I don't quite understand. If I disable Conversation Essentials, the behavior changes and the link referencing the conversation that was reported is valid.

I really don't recommend the send-reports-to-forum feature. It makes this sort of thing near impossible to test and is frankly a usability nightmare.

Stock XenForo simply doesn't generate valid links to conversations via the report system and Conversation Essentials does not interact with the report system.

I would need to see the raw bb-code in the generated post (as sending reports to forums generates bb-code using the phrase) before I could even consider it as having a valid link.

Another add-on is likely doing things. You will need to disable all other add-ons and observe if it is still happening, and then repeatedly enable them till you find the feature breaking things.

Hi, I have this module briefly, but it seems like a favorite to the user. We have a problem with the display on the small screen (phone) and the use of labels. Is there any way to see all unread messages from different labels on one page?

Thanks for your advice. :)

@Xon

What would it take to get "Start conversations without approval" and "Reply to conversations without approval" permissions added to this?

Like most sites where people buy and sell, we're dealing with a ton of scammers and spammers. Rather than block the ability outright, I want to find them and ban them :)

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.5.0 - Feature update

• Minor fix related to supressing conversation alert on reply
  • Add missing "[ConvEss] Conversation Wrapper" widget position, overhauls rendering of the svConvEss_conversation_list_wrapper template
  • Add new permission "Can use conversation labels", applied to groups with the "Can create conversation labels" permission.
    Please check permission configuration to ensure users can continue to use the label system as expected.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon, I've been getting this error with v2.5.1
Code:
Server error log
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1030]: Got error 28 from storage engine src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Generated by: bookmark0 Apr 26, 2021 at 4:09 AM
Stack trace
            SELECT `xf_conversation_recipient`.*, `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.*, `xf_user_User_2`.*, `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.*
            FROM `xf_conversation_recipient`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user` AS `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1` ON (`xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.`conversation_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` AND `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.`user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_2` ON (`xf_user_User_2`.`user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_conversation_user` AS `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3` ON (`xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.`conversation_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` AND `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.`owner_user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
            WHERE (`xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` = 88938)
            ORDER BY `xf_user_User_2`.`username` ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1030, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1030, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1379): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(212): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(601): XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "/conversations/study-buddies.88938/"
  ["referrer"] => string(38) "https://www.mooclab.club/membersearch/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Xon, I've been getting this error with v2.5.1
Code:
Server error log
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1030]: Got error 28 from storage engine src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Generated by: bookmark0 Apr 26, 2021 at 4:09 AM
Stack trace
            SELECT `xf_conversation_recipient`.*, `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.*, `xf_user_User_2`.*, `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.*
            FROM `xf_conversation_recipient`
            LEFT JOIN `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user` AS `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1` ON (`xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.`conversation_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` AND `xf_sv_convess_conversation_user_ConvEssUserData_1`.`user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_2` ON (`xf_user_User_2`.`user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_conversation_user` AS `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3` ON (`xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.`conversation_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` AND `xf_conversation_user_ConversationUser_3`.`owner_user_id` = `xf_conversation_recipient`.`user_id`)
            WHERE (`xf_conversation_recipient`.`conversation_id` = 88938)
            ORDER BY `xf_user_User_2`.`username` ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1030, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1030, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1379): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            SELECT `xf_...')
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(212): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch()
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(601): XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionView(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF\\Pub\\Controll...', 'View', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "/conversations/study-buddies.88938/"
  ["referrer"] => string(38) "https://www.mooclab.club/membersearch/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This is unrelated to this add-on, please ensure you have enough disk space with your mysql server.

Top Bottom