Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Conversation Essentials - Vital functions and features for viewing and managing personal conversations.

About:
This add-on adds vital functions and features for viewing and managing personal conversations.
Currently installed on large forums with no reported issues.

This add-on is simply a must have for anyone with more than just a few conversations in their...

Read more about this resource...

Nope. There is a copy-to-thread function, but no 'download as a file' function.

Yes I saw the copy to thread, but for users, once you have the ability to restrict their conversation quota it becomes important to allow them to export stuff before clearing out their inbox. (I think it's even something in core of vbulletin)

May I please request this?

Yes I saw the copy to thread, but for users, once you have the ability to restrict their conversation quota it becomes important to allow them to export stuff before clearing out their inbox. (I think it's even something in core of vbulletin)
The inbox limits are disabled by default, and I don't intend to use them myself.

May I please request this?
Sure, but it is unlikely I'll be working on it any time soon due to existing workload.

Open a ticket on my website, and I can quote you a price for funding the development of the feature ;)

I might pass for now, I doubt we could afford anything beyond buying addon, being a small non-profit forum. Maybe if some others are interested we could club together but meanwhile I'll just hope that you may be able to do this anyway. Not being a coder I have no idea how much work is involved. There was a conversation export for xf1 addon which I still have on an old xf1 forum.

Is this the same licence as xf1? My xf1 licence expired, if I update it for another year, do I get access to Conversation Essentials 2?

Thanks

Good to see this!

Small feature request - If the user doesn't have permission to view labels, view rules, or rejoin deleted conversations it'd be preferable to hide those sidenav tabs.

Other than that it's looking great!

How do I kick someone from a conversation?
Ensure you have the "kick user" permission; and then click the "kick" link;
recipients-png.184445
. For moderation staff to kick any user, you need the Conversation Improvements add-on installed and the "Manege conversation" permission assigned. (Updated the product description).

I might pass for now, I doubt we could afford anything beyond buying addon, being a small non-profit forum. Maybe if some others are interested we could club together but meanwhile I'll just hope that you may be able to do this anyway. Not being a coder I have no idea how much work is involved. There was a conversation export for xf1 addon which I still have on an old xf1 forum.
Fair enough, I haven't look into the feature in too much detail. Been working through my backlog.

Is this the same licence as xf1? My xf1 licence expired, if I update it for another year, do I get access to Conversation Essentials 2?

Thanks
You purchase a Conversation Essentials licence, which comes in XF1 and XF2 versions.

Small feature request - If the user doesn't have permission to view labels, view rules, or rejoin deleted conversations it'd be preferable to hide those sidenav tabs.
It should already do that, but the checks might need a revision.

Fair enough, I haven't look into the feature in too much detail. Been working through my backlog.

If it would help I'd be happy to send you the xf1 addon that did this, assuming it's legal to do so (it was free) and that it might help you do some research into the development.

Ensure you have the "kick user" permission; and then click the "kick" link;
recipients-png.184445
. For moderation staff to kick any user, you need the Conversation Improvements add-on installed and the "Manege conversation" permission assigned. (Updated the product description).

You purchase a Conversation Essentials licence, which comes in XF1 and XF2 versions.

It should already do that, but the checks might need a revision.

Thanks. You should change this from the overview page: "Kick Participants out of conversations. Option to allow certain user groups to kick a user out of their conversation via a link in the participant's mini avatar."

I kept looking for a link in the users mini avatar.

Any thoughts?
Code:
Server error log
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [username] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:691
Generated by: Unknown account 08.10.2018. at 01:11
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(575): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'username', 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(505): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('username', NULL)
#2 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(110): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('username', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(74): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(34457, 0, NULL, 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full', Array)
#4 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConvEss.php(65): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alertFromUser(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full', Array)
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Repository/Conversation.php(213): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConvEss->sendUniqueAlert(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full')
#6 src/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(87): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Repository\Conversation->getValidatedRecipients(Array, Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), NULL, true)
#7 src/addons/SV/ConversationImprovements/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(34): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->setRecipients(Array, true, true)
#8 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(341): SV\ConversationImprovements\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->setRecipients(Array)
#9 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(111): SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->svNotifyUser(Object(SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Entity\UserUpgradeActive), Object(SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Entity\UserUpgrade), 'expiring_upgrad...')
#10 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/Cron/CleanUp.php(19): SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->alertExpiringUserUpgrades()
#11 [internal function]: SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\Cron\CleanUp::runAlertExpiringUserUpgrades(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#12 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#15 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#16 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#17 {main}

-------------

Previous InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary - src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php:130
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(687): XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->castValueToType(NULL, 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(575): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'username', 5, Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(505): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('username', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(110): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('username', NULL)
#4 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(74): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(34457, 0, NULL, 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full', Array)
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Repository/ConvEss.php(65): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alertFromUser(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full', Array)
#6 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Repository/Conversation.php(213): SV\ConversationEssentials\Repository\ConvEss->sendUniqueAlert(Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'user', 34457, 'inbox_full')
#7 src/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(87): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Repository\Conversation->getValidatedRecipients(Array, Object(SV\WarningImprovements\XF\Entity\User), NULL, true)
#8 src/addons/SV/ConversationImprovements/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(34): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->setRecipients(Array, true, true)
#9 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(341): SV\ConversationImprovements\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->setRecipients(Array)
#10 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(111): SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->svNotifyUser(Object(SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Entity\UserUpgradeActive), Object(SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Entity\UserUpgrade), 'expiring_upgrad...')
#11 src/addons/SV/ExpiringUserUpgrades/Cron/CleanUp.php(19): SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->alertExpiringUserUpgrades()
#12 [internal function]: SV\ExpiringUserUpgrades\Cron\CleanUp::runAlertExpiringUserUpgrades(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#13 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#15 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#16 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#17 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#18 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/threads/otok-maun.3883/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom