Not a bug Content without template

imthebest

On the member_view template there is a piece of content that isn't editable and requires direct PHP code modification:

link-png.81770

Thank link isn't available for modification on the member_view template. I consider it as a bug because it should be editable through templates.

I think this is going to be by design. If you want to style the link in the user blurb div, in EXTRA.css add:

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userBlurb a
{
color: red !important;
and some more stuff...
}

That entire line is generated via a helper called "userblurb".

Helpers are pretty important, especially this one.

I've seen you make a few posts on the subject. What specifically is it you want to change and why?

That can actually be done with CSS:
Code:
<p class="userBlurb">
    <style>
        .userBlurb a.concealed
        {
            pointer-events: none;
        }
    </style>
    {xen:helper userBlurb, $user}
</p>
(This is just an example only. The style code should probably be added to EXTRA.css rather than inline).

Seems to be compatible with most browsers, all except Opera Mini and older Internet Explorer. It disables click/hover events on the element it is applied to. Effectively makes it plain text, and non clickable.

Still interested in the "why" though. Seems like an odd thing to be insistent on changing.

Last edited:
Definitively not a bug. It's no different than anything else that involves some amount of programmatically generated HTML (username markup, dates and times, etc).

@Chris D pardon my ignorance but can I ask you to share the code that I should put on EXTRA.css in order to get rid of that link? I'm not that good with CSS so I don't know what to put there.

If you get some spare time I would really appreciate your help.

Top Bottom