XF 1.4 Contact Form Reply Address

System0

I have noticed that whenever someone contacts me through my forum, the reply email address defaults to my own email address instead of the email address of the person who sent me the email.

Is there any way to change this so that I do not need to manually change the reply email address every time I respond to an email?

Thanks,
Kevin

It all looks fine to me - I can see the 'Reply-To' field is the actual sender's name and email address.

Which email application are you using to reply to the email?

Curious.

The reply to address is clearly there, and Gmail displays it, but then uses the delivered to address.

Do you have access to another email client, such as Outlook?

I am unable to replicate the issue - it all works fine for me in both Gmail on the web and Outlook.

You're running into a Gmail issue and the specific reason the "Sender info in From header on contact emails" option was created after changing the system in 1.4. You'll need to enable the option.

(It happens because the From address is your Gmail account's address so it thinks you sent the message so it ignores the reply to.)

Thanks for all your help with this.

I can confirm this is a Gmail issue. I changed my forum contact email to my hotmail account and when I responded via hotmail, the correct email address was used.

I then switched back to the email address I use Gmail and selected "Sender info in From header on contact emails"; however, the problem with the reply to email address remains.

Any idea if there is a way to resolve this. I use Gmail to handle all my business emails. Therefore, I am not keen on changing email clients.

With that option enabled, there's no Reply-To header and the from is the email of the user sending it. If you're seeing a Reply-To, I'd check that you're looking at an email sent after the option was enabled.

Top Bottom