Which default and contact email address would be appropriate?

Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

My next question is about user groups. I wanted to know if anyone here leaves "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" active. There's a trash can beside each user group, so you can delete it.

Is there any way this group could cause problems? You want people to be able to visit and sign up for the forums. It's a bit confusing because you can set a "Banner" for them. Can they make posts? What is the purpose of allowing unregistered people the ability to do anything except for browse the forums, and complete their registration? Any clarification here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

My next question is about user groups. I wanted to know if anyone here leaves "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" active. There's a trash can beside each user group, so you can delete it.
It's the base default visitor group... delete it at your peril! It's used for non-logged in users to be able to view the site and sets their permission levels as to what they can do/view.

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone for all the help!

Is there any way this group could cause problems? You want people to be able to visit and sign up for the forums. It's a bit confusing because you can set a "Banner" for them. Can they make posts? What is the purpose of allowing unregistered people the ability to do anything except for browse the forums, and complete their registration? Any clarification here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You'd make your forum private

The four default user groups can't be deleted, only renamed.
Maybe the ACP needs to be modified so they don't appear that they can be? ;)

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 7.54.29 PM.png

I realize that attempting to do so will probably generate an error.... but totally removing the appearance of being able to do might help some.
I'd submit it as a "bug", but it would most likely be responded to as designed.

Anyone know why the Administrator's account says "No" by default, on that long list of permissions under Users? There's a list of permissions for every member when you click on "Users" and select that member.

So it's Users>List all users>*Click on a user>Permissions

Looking at that permissions tab, you'd think that by default nobody can make a post. Not only that, they can't even view the forum. They can't do anything. But I made a test member that isn't a moderator or an admin, and they can. It can read the forums and make posts. I'm assuming it can probably everything else a basic member can do.

So why do all the permissions say it can't? They're all set to "No"

Is it possible to create or host your own ad?

I understand that most of the time you'll use google adsense. But my forum is going to be dedicated to a certain town. Part of my monetization will be to get local businesses to advertise on my forum, say for $5 per month. I don't think google can help me there, and I like the idea of cutting google out.

It would be really cool if you could just go to Setup>Advertising>*Click Add Advertisement and be able to add your own images and links that will work if they click the image. That way if they click the ad, it will send them to a local business that paid me to advertise.

Is it possible to create or host your own ad?

It would be really cool if you could just go to Setup>Advertising>*Click Add Advertisement and be able to add your own images and links that will work if they click the image. That way if they click the ad, it will send them to a local business that paid me to advertise.
Yes, it is possible... and yes, using default XenForo ability it is limited.
I would suggest checking out Siropu's Ads Manager.
He has two versions (both are paid offerings) depending on what your requirements are.

The second one actually allows you to sell ads.

Top Bottom