Lack of interest Consolidate spam reports in a single thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Gladius

This is a rather obvious one... currently every spam report for the same post goes into a new thread (if you have that option selected). Which then means that you have to clean "spam" in the staff forum as well when you have a bunch of people making reports, resulting in a bunch of report threads for the same post unnecessarily.

What should be done is only having ONE report thread for the same spam post, and then have subsequent reports as "user X also reported the same post ..." replies to said thread.

Spam of one kind really shouldn't beget spam of another kind.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This isn't really an explicit "not planned", but the report center works like this and that's our primary approach to reporting. The report to a forum is generally designed as a simple alternative to this and isn't likely to have a lot of features added to it. The preference would generally be to add features to the report center.

I understand, but I'm not really asking for new features here, just a more sensible approach to how the current one works. Would this actually be a big change to implement?

Significant enough in that there is nothing that connects an individual thread to the report (because there's no actual report created since the report center is disabled).

I don't think that I even tried out the report center as I immediately switched to the familiar thread reports after moving from vB. Are there any settings for the report center apart from not selecting a report forum?

I'm aware people have things they don't like about it, so the forum may work better for your needs. Generally there aren't a lot of settings over it though.

I just tried test-reporting a post and nothing shows up anywhere... is there a link to the report center somewhere I'm missing?

In the moderator bar at the top of the page. It's permission controlled based on whether you can manage the report in question (editing or deleting any post in the forum). Probably best to take this to a support thread if you have any other questions about the report center though, so we can leave this focused on the original suggestion.

Top Bottom