XF 1.5 Confirmation emails not sending

Hey, so my forums (skyblockzone.site) is not sending confirmation emails. Please note that I'm new to Xenforo, so if there is a solution please water it down so I'll be able to understand it :p
So what I do know is that my hosting service (namecheap) opened port 465 for outgoing connections, so it is not an issue on their behalf.
Here are my configurations in options>email settings
https://gyazo.com/92133018757b703405532cca8b081cef & https://gyazo.com/a1c325413dc9bee6f3add0cd242ddd12
Please tell me what I can do to fix this. Also note that I own the email address skyblockforums@gmail.com, and I wish to use that as the email that users recieve confirmations from. Thanks!

Assuming you're on a Linux server and using the default method, if there's no error that means that it has been handed over to PHP's configured mail handler (sendmail_path). If there are mail issues on the server (such as the mail agent program not running), then that could lead to the mails not being in the log (they may be sitting in the "spool"). XenForo has effectively no control over how the mail is sent using this method.

If they can't identify a problem, you could try using an external SMTP server as a test.

The only way XF won't send emails is if this is explicitly disabled via an edit to library/config.php. Otherwise, emails will go out using one of the configured methods.

There's very little configuration necessary for the default method within XenForo. It should just work as it depends on the server having mail configured.

You could try disabling the -f parameter option, but if that doesn't help, it'd have to be something resolved by your host. The fact that it sent email and then stopped (presumably without you making any changes) is pretty good evidence that it relates to something outside of XenForo.

Emails keep not working. I see a lot of errors in the server error log. It goes like this:

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: cannot connect to host; error = Connection timed out (errno = 110 ) - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:53 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(190): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->connect('pop.gmail.com', 995, 'SSL')
#1 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(288): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Array)
#2 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#4 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#5 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.stereo2go.org/forums/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/forums/index.php?login/login"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Emails keep not working. I see a lot of errors in the server error log. It goes like this:

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: cannot connect to host; error = Connection timed out (errno = 110 ) - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:53 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(190): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->connect('pop.gmail.com', 995, 'SSL')
#1 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(288): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Array)
#2 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#4 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#5 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.stereo2go.org/forums/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/forums/index.php?login/login"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Pop has to be relating to bounced emails. As that's the only time it would check.

As your using Gmail you need to setup your SMTP server as you would in any mail client. Leaving it blank like that won't help.

Bounced emails isn't going to help. And won't work on a Gmail account.

Your host can't control Gmail (obviously). So they can't do anything to help.

This is another one (blurred the email addres of the user)

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: name - library/XenForo/Application.php:1153
Generated By: Retro Addict, Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(1153): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home2/stereotw...', 1153, Array)
#1 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(37): XenForo_Application::arrayFilterKeys(Array, Array)
#2 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#3 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home2/stereotw/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "http://stereo2go.org/forums/index.php?register/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["register/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(16) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["85a14f14f8ce078fe67e4ee243037193"] => string(12) "Retro Addict"
["a72f7214ea8e51f781bcdf9ba14ea46b"] => string(22) "xxxxxxx@mail.com"
["766587ca99d25075313e40d94a925c0f"] => string(4) "male"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "7"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "16"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1986"
["location"] => string(7) "England"
["7f5eaa1e95f446629407b0c5eb6c6832"] => array(1) {
["nwuzm2rh"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(8) "nwuzm2rh"
}
["c743946168c3d3ba5563b29b3412387a"] => string(13) "Europe/London"
["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(206) "03AHJ_VuuFoonccfcdZVOZtcXH0NWWVgYAsWB9z-fSyla0xipXGbHVqDGm2pSmJIWsRpDlziMtfyuT0IULdtdLJWEwMpDvD48p9oCEEiQviqOyIwj5h0ikEetDi9ZZcAIcNDAnJN59JgyPWuim4WnKKUH_H2PduOmANXRBNP8qUMimFJ8ebN576XkPWl72GU8njkdD5tWfXC7l"
["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(11) "8800 Chille"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "5e33dae38d1f34fcd5fa52907b39b65e"
}
}

I put a gmail address by mistake for bouncing emails, now I'm using the very same addres from my domain.
However, many emails keep not sending, although some are bouncing.
My main problem now is sending, I'll leave bouncing for later.

Top Bottom