Confirmation email

clockwork71

Guys,

I have recently moved my forum from domainname.com/forums to domainname.com/forum as I am using the Jaxel written Portal. I have moved everything to set like this:

Portal is the root page now.

Forums are in /forum (the default of the portal.)

Now I am getting emails from people telling me that they cannot register because the conformation email is still trying to have them click a link to the old subfolder that the forum is in. (forums) Is there a way to change that? I am sure there is....but can't find it.

Chris

First very basic check - admin/ options/ options/
Basic Board Information
Board URL ....................... ?
I assume you have that changed correctly as otherwise I dont think your XF would run at all but worth a quick look.

Similarly Home Page URL - same page.
maybe other settings three.

Always worth checking the obvious first.

First very basic check - admin/ options/ options/
Basic Board Information
Board URL ....................... ?
I assume you have that changed correctly as otherwise I dont think your XF would run at all but worth a quick look.

Similarly Home Page URL - same page.
maybe other settings three.

Always worth checking the obvious first.
It definitely will be the board URL. The board would work mostly fine with the wrong board URL. But it is used to form links so if it hasn't been updated its definitely that which is the problem.

Home page URL isn't involved because I believe that's just the URL the home tab points to.

But yeah. Spot on asking him to check board URL (y)

I have it set to thetraderguy.com/forum - and it takes me to the forums. However, when emails get send out in order for people to verify registration - it says the page doesn't exist. I am confused to say the least.

The homepage is thetraderguy.com, and sends someone to the portal.

Top Bottom