XF 2.0 Compromised Login?

MegaPixel

Hello,

I have two-step set up for my account on my forum, however, for the last week, I've had a few tiems where I've had an email with a login verification code; something which I had not been logging in at that time. I considered this that my account was compromised, but I've reset my password a few times to my account itself.

What's odd is a couple of times, the IP address shown on the verification email has been my own, other times, it's been in a totally different place (Said edinburgh a few times). Not too sure what to make of it as to whether there's genuinely something going on with my account? Just wondering if there's any recommendations to make sure my user is safe? Had no problems anywhere else, it's just the random verification code request that pops on my email every now and again.

Running version 2.0.12

Kind Rdgs,
Jamie

The fact that you're getting emails triggered from your own IP address is certainly a bit odd. The only thing that comes to mind are whether the emails are massively delayed, though presumably you would know about that... Well, I guess the other thing that could indicate is that your machine itself is compromised. I have no idea if that is even remotely likely though.

I would change your email password as well, just in case. (And enable two-step verification on that as well.)

Note that in an ideal world, you wouldn't want to use email-based two step verification -- the one time code system would be preferred.

Top Bottom