Competitions

Competitions [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (£50.00)

Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright submitted a new resource:

Competitions for Xenforo 2 - Bring new members, reward active members and engage with sponsors with competitions

The basics include
  • Rich text editor for competition details
  • Set the date the competition runs from and to
  • Set the number of winners and runners up
  • Set the question with multiple choice answer
  • Image upload with edit tool and optional Alt/Title text, caption and link URL
Competition restrictions and conditions include
  • Set usergroup permission to view, enter, create, open and publish competitions (e.g. make some competitions open only to more active...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,
Is it possible to upgrade from previous version? Or is there any import option ?
Thanks
I have tried to fresh install because there was no option to upgrade previous version. Firstly I have some errors about template permissions. (I have changed directory owner and it is ok)
After solved permission error, I saw the upgrade option :) And now it works as expected. Thanks a lot.

Only phrases need to be translate and change route word. (i have changed before)

Good job thanks.

Is there any kind of live demo we could try before buying?
We have special competitions on our forum and I would like to see if this would work the way we intend before buying.

For business reasons, we are closing our store of Xenforo addons.
We will support them while active licenses exist, be we are not selling any new licenses or renewals.
Apologies for any inconvenience.

Literally was coming in with my wallet open today to buy this lol... @Stuart Wright

Sorry to hear this. Are there opportunities to sell and/or transfer Competitions IP to another dev or company?

Literally was coming in with my wallet open today to buy this lol... @Stuart Wright

Sorry to hear this. Are there opportunities to sell and/or transfer Competitions IP to another dev or company?

Same story here. Just about to move to XF 2.1. Hoping another dev can take over the development of the add-on.

My suite of resources has now been restored after some consideration on how to handle their management while they were temporarily unavailable.
For clarification, while I do not have the time to give support for installations and bug reports for this addon (because there are no known bugs and it's working perfectly on my forum AVForums), I will be updating it with maintenance releases (as and when they are needed) which current license holders will be able to download. So no personal support, but yes, maintenance releases.
Also I am vetting who I sell licenses to, so if you wish to purchase a license, please click the purchase link and then send me a message as per the instructions in the product description. Thank you :)

For those running competitions... is there a method of duplicating a competition? Scenario being competitions for the same item being held on a regular basis (eg: "Win a Widget" competition held several times a year) and instead of recreating it each time it'd be a time saver to just duplicate an existing competition with new start/end dates.

For 2.1 & below, yes, for 2.2 it seems that some updates are needed for the image handling.
We currently have about 20 competitions running on our site, so the addon is still solid, but we haven’t moved to 2.2 yet.
We experienced a problem with duplicate winners being picked, which is fixed in the next release coming very soon. Nobody else has reported it.
We also have a new feature. You can specify the sort order of competitions in the widget.
What issues are you having with 2.2 image handling? We’re not aware of any 2.2 issues.

Top Bottom