Competitions

Competitions [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (£50.00)
Is there an option someplace I am missing to have the bar above the post that links back to the competition? Like the resource manager and the avforums site? The bar is there in the competition but not the post that was created. It is not showing up with the default theme also. I have gone through and disabled other addons to see if they were interacting but it still didn't show up.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Fixed in the newest update. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Stuart Wright updated Competitions with a new update entry:

New features

The 'no permission' to enter competition messages without any further information have been super annoying to us because members have been messaging us asking why they can't enter. That prompted this update.
Added the following new features:
  • Verbose error message support for territories. E.g. Eligible territories include: United Kingdom, France.
  • Verbose error message support for usergroup exclusion. E.g. You are a member of user group(s): Administrative
  • Verbose error message...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xenforo 2.2 forum type compatibility update

• Added automatic configuration for nodes to enable competition thread support on-the-fly (default=on).
  • Added options toggle to prevent auto node configuration (defaults to enabled)

The competition forum type needs to be enabled in a forum for a competition thread to correctly display tabs for the Competition and Discussion.
So we have added an admin option to automatically enable the competition type for a forum when a competition thread is created in it.
And we...

Do you plan on releasing the updated version on AVForums?
A major update is coming very soon. It's running on AVForums now.
New features include (but are not limited to)
  • Tabs on the competitions page to separate Open, Completed and (viewable with permission only) Unpublished competitions.
  • Categories. Admin can create categories and then assign competitions to a category. Users can then use a category filter to see the competitions in the categories of interest.

Hi,

If you are able to provide me a demo and that update unloading, I will buy it immediately!

Thanks

Major update introducing categories plus some very useful features for admin

New features:
  1. Tabs on the competitions page to separate Open, Completed and (viewable with permission only) Unpublished competitions.
  2. Categories. Admin can create categories and then assign competitions to a category. Users can then use a category filter to see the competitions in the categories of interest.
  3. Filter also has options for users to sort competitions by different criteria.
  4. Competitions meta description text admin option added for use in the competitions hope...

This looks really cool, and I have done many 'giveaway' style competitions on my forum. I also did two straight years of a monthly photo contest using the photo contest add-on from @AndyB. I'm curious, @Stuart Wright -- how would (you personally) use this add-on for a monthly photo contest? Typically, my members vote for the photos by reacting to the post with the photo in it. It works but it isn't the cleanest system.

Top Bottom