Competitions

Competitions [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (£50.00)
This looks really cool, and I have done many 'giveaway' style competitions on my forum. I also did two straight years of a monthly photo contest using the photo contest add-on from @AndyB. I'm curious, @Stuart Wright -- how would (you personally) use this add-on for a monthly photo contest? Typically, my members vote for the photos by reacting to the post with the photo in it. It works but it isn't the cleanest system.
I wouldn’t. We run a monthly photo competition at https://www.avforums.com/forums/photo-competition.175/ but don’t use the competitions addon. It’s not designed for that kind of use.

Create-competition-TODO-2029.webp

Hello,

I have purchased this add-on for a while now but haven't used it yet. I am currently exploring how to use it. Is there any detailed documentation available here to guide me?

Currently, I'm wondering if we can only create one question with multiple answers?

Is there any way to create more than one question?

Screenshot 2023-07-11 130943.webp

There are numerous shortcomings in this particular aspect of the criteria when considering various conditions.

If feasible, it is advisable to provide complete support in this area.

Can the following be done with your addon?

2) Have the functionality to set different ticket entry limits based on user criteria, without having to create different user groups every time. This also removes the limitation that the user has to wait for the user group promotion cron to run, before they can enter with their increased ticket rate. F.ex 20 posts gives 1 ticket, 40 posts + 1 resource provides another and so on. Utilizing the user criteria that are available, which in turn would make any addon that has custom user criteria, eligible for usage. (Bob Showcase addon etc etc).

3) New user criteria: Able to specify that users need to post in X forum node to qualify. Thus you can incentivize users posting in high value areas and less in off topic areas (while still allowing their posts in said areas to count towards their overall post count).

No. There is a facility to require that the user enters some text accompanying the answer. I don't know whether this fits in to your scenario.
Thank you very much. I'm going to make a list of multiple choice questions.

Example 10 questions. Each question will have 4 answers.

After the user has finished answering. The system will automatically count the number of points that the user has.

The list of winners will be those with the highest score.

Thank you very much. I'm going to make a list of multiple choice questions.

Example 10 questions. Each question will have 4 answers.

After the user has finished answering. The system will automatically count the number of points that the user has.

The list of winners will be those with the highest score.
This competitions addon couldn't do the above without modifications.

Do you want and are you able to update/modify the add-on to enable this functionality?

If yes, what would be the cost for the modification?
We would have to work on creating an outline idea first to figure out whether the functionality would be widely popular as I don't want to bloat the addon with unwanted code.
Then if we go ahead, I'd work with you to create a detailed specification, get a quote from the developer and then you'd decide whether or not to proceed.
Would you ever consider making a Quiz addon?
Maybe, if someone pays for it. It would make sense to start with the competitions addon to see whether that can be expanded to create quiz functionality. I don't need it for AVForums, so I wouldn't fund it myself.

We would have to work on creating an outline idea first to figure out whether the functionality would be widely popular as I don't want to bloat the addon with unwanted code.
Then if we go ahead, I'd work with you to create a detailed specification, get a quote from the developer and then you'd decide whether or not to proceed.

Ok dear

My goal is that instead of just 1 question, I need more questions.

And can use this add-on:

Can the following be done with your addon?

2) Have the functionality to set different ticket entry limits based on user criteria, without having to create different user groups every time. This also removes the limitation that the user has to wait for the user group promotion cron to run, before they can enter with their increased ticket rate. F.ex 20 posts gives 1 ticket, 40 posts + 1 resource provides another and so on. Utilizing the user criteria that are available, which in turn would make any addon that has custom user criteria, eligible for usage. (Bob Showcase addon etc etc).

3) New user criteria: Able to specify that users need to post in X forum node to qualify. Thus you can incentivize users posting in high value areas and less in off topic areas (while still allowing their posts in said areas to count towards their overall post count).

@Stuart Wright 😊

I didn't understand how users win.
Randomly or do I have to do some actions in the forum?
Apologies for not seeing your question for so long.
Yes, the winners are automatically picked at random from the pool of winning entries when the competition closes.

Top Bottom