Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

I have an just one active competition that ends on the 30/9/2014 Yet the system shows 'There are currently no active competitions." If I look in the archive, it's there and reports as being open. It's not always been like that, I'm sure it was showing up the other day and it has plenty of entries. Anyone any idea what might be wrong? Thanks

What version of the add on are you running?

Upgrade to 1.0.7.

Thanks Chris, it's sorted now (y)

Sad you guys aren't working on this but another suggestion:
- Competition ends after X Number of Entries. :)

2 missing important features 4 us (I know they are already suggested):
  • Remove participiant from the competition manually (with or without alerting him).
  • Disable automatic publishing of the drawing result, so it can be reviewed and eventually changed by the admin before manually publishing the result.
@Chris D: Is there any chance to get those features very soon? Is it possible to pay you to custom code them?

I don't have any immediate availability either way.

This is only a workaround, of course, but you can do what you want through a combination of manually editing the database (entries are just stored in a single table) and disabling the Cron entry that would automatically draw the winners (would need some level of testing first to ensure it works as expected).

That would allow you to prevent the auto drawing, remove any entries you think are invalid, and then resume the Cron to draw from who's left or simply do a manual draw in your own way and close the competition.

Reactions: HWS
2 missing important features 4 us (I know they are already suggested):
  • Remove participiant from the competition manually (with or without alerting him).
  • Disable automatic publishing of the drawing result, so it can be reviewed and eventually changed by the admin before manually publishing the result.
@Chris D: Is there any chance to get those features very soon? Is it possible to pay you to custom code them?

Ye that's the only feature stopping me from getting it !!

That's a neat idea... However... does an addon exist where you can have a competition where members submit "work" such as music, art, or films and people vote on their favorites and that is how the competitions are won?

That would fit better for my forums.

But I watched the whole video. Great addon... but not exactly what I need for my forums.

@Chris D is it possible to change all language in this add-on to another one, via phrases and such? Or is there some english language hardcoded into the add-on?

@Chris D is it possible to change all language in this add-on to another one, via phrases and such? Or is there some english language hardcoded into the add-on?

We use this add-on at a foreign language site and we found it fully phrased and easy to translate.

However the date format and language cannot be changed without editing the code. Currently it shows all dates in british english format (like "Sunday 14th December, 2014"). This is incompatible with almost all other languages and unfortunately dates are very common in this add-on.

But it is an very easy code change, I can help you with that if you like.

Hey @Chris D ,

Still have any plans to integrate this with the media gallery? Having media based competitions would be huge for my communities!
I would like to see image competitions but not via Xen Gallery, seems complex for something that requires one file upload the competition organizer can chose from winners. But that also requires from the start, one core expansion of the plugin to allow more than random draws of entries.

We use this add-on at a foreign language site and we found it fully phrased and easy to translate.

However the date format and language cannot be changed without editing the code. Currently it shows all dates in british english format (like "Sunday 14th December, 2014"). This is incompatible with almost all other languages and unfortunately dates are very common in this add-on.

But it is an very easy code change, I can help you with that if you like.

Thanks for the offer. Will keep you posted.

I'm not sure what's up, i have one empty competitions tab on my profile, competitions i created was supposed to show but it doesn't.

Chris D updated Competitions for XenForo with a new update entry:

New features and bug fixes

I first of all want to thank @wmtech and @HWS for their extremely hard work in continuing to develop this add-on while I've been somewhat busy. The following features were added by them and are being very kindly released to all existing Competitions customers.

Here's the changes:

• Single entries can now be removed manually from a competition. Thus making it possible for the user to attend the competition again.
  • You can change the answer state from each entry manually. If you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oh thanks for the update. :)
Ability to manage entries better is good. I wished is mostly for user criteria for this addon, it has potential to integrate it with trophies, usergroup promotions and notices only by having criteria.

Top Bottom