Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

i not sure if this will suite my needs i just want to do simple compositions such as the ones that include milestones.

like members from a specific date who have joined to and end date who have joined can enter the competition and then at the end date the user is randomly picked.

like i want to hit 3000 members so from 24/12/2013 users that start joining from this date can enter and ending at 01/01/2014 a random user will be picked

i not sure if this will suite my needs i just want to do simple compositions such as the ones that include milestones.

like members from a specific date who have joined to and end date who have joined can enter the competition and then at the end date the user is randomly picked.

like i want to hit 3000 members so from 24/12/2013 users that start joining from this date can enter and ending at 01/01/2014 a random user will be picked
That isnt a "simple" competition.

This add on is much simpler. Your users answer a question. One gets picked at random.

The suggestion has been noted, though.

I'm looking for a comp. to run through the year for fishing catches so each member can post their biggest catch and the winner is revealed or chosen at the end. One for two types of fishing maybe so 2 comps running at once... Will this add-on do this or is it just for questions and answers?

Chris I just noticed your sig link to a gallery which is also what I'm after so am off to poke around now but any info is appreciated thanks and happy new year :)

thanks Chris I'll be buying the gallery as soon as I can raise the funds (kids + xmas = £00.00)
if anyone picks up on this comp thing I'd love to hear of any ideas or other formats to try :)

I'm looking for a comp. to run through the year for fishing catches so each member can post their biggest catch and the winner is revealed or chosen at the end. One for two types of fishing maybe so 2 comps running at once... Will this add-on do this or is it just for questions and answers?
I know this is dragging the thread completely off topic, but you could utilise some of the awesomeness of XenMediaGallery to do this. I run a monthly photo competition using it for members entries, and this doesn't sound to far away from what you are trying to achieve.

You could get the 'entries' uploaded to a specific album (I'm assuming they need photographic evidence).
They can add comments to their image (weight, fish, location, equipment used?).
At the end of the period, you stop them from adding images to that album (using the permission system) and choose a winner. For my site, I run a poll created in specific forum to allow the voting to be carried out by the members.

Just a thought... PM me if you want more info on how I work it...

I have used BD widget framework to insert the competitions into the sidebar on the homepage, but the thumbnail is a bit too small. Does anyone know how to increase the thumbnail size in the sidebar?
thanks

avforums_competitions_sidebar.css

Is the CSS file that controls that.

The image should be taking up 100% width of the sidebar.

Have you got a screenshot of how it looks now?

@Chris Deeming Hello mate......can you tell me if the "share this page" sidebar on "competitions_index" can be removed.......so I can add it again using [bd] framework? (and not get a duplicate?)
thanks in advance!

Remove this from the competition_index template:

Code:
<xen:sidebar>
    <xen:include template="sidebar_share_page" />
</xen:sidebar>

If that doesn't give you the desired results, leave the <xen:sidebar> bits in and just remove:

Code:
<xen:include template="sidebar_share_page" />

Top Bottom