• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

CometChat - Facebook style chat bar for xenForo

CometChat

Hello Everyone!

We have heard your requests for CometChat! xenForo ready integration is now available!

To view the demo:

http://www.phpchatsoftware.com/xenforo

Login using the following username/password combinations:

demo1/user1
demo2/user2
demo3/user3
demo4/user4

To purchase CometChat, please point your browser to:

http://www.cometchat.com/buy

We are offering 10% discount on Professional Edition or higher for the next 10 days!

Coupon code: XF10OFF

I'm logged in as demo2 and playing around with some of the added options (I have a previous version of Cometchat at WaltDisneyBoards.com)

I noticed that the username on the 'dark' theme when doing IM feature with others is hard to read until you hover. Other than that, it seems to be as solid as it has been. :)

How do the games work?

There is a link in the bar for 'games', it then pops up a menu with some random games on it. On the left side of that there is a nav menu with game categories. You select a game and a small window pops up with the game you selected.

There is a link in the bar for 'games', it then pops up a menu with some random games on it. On the left side of that there is a nav menu with game categories. You select a game and a small window pops up with the game you selected.
Thanks, but are they multiplayer? Do they save scores? Do they show the usernames of the two players? (I guess a shorter question would be... "how integrated are the games?")

Thanks, but are they multiplayer? Do they save scores? Do they show the usernames of the two players? (I guess a shorter question would be... "how integrated are the games?")
I believe they are simple one-player games, tho I could be wrong.

I know CometChat from vBulletin. Nice that it's avaliable for XenForo too. However, it would even better if there were a lite version avaliable for CometChat. Some can affort it some not. A simplified version for general download would encourage more people to purchase. Just a thought though :)

I dislike the fact that after you buy the software, they still want you to run their ad supported plugin. What's the reasoning behind that?

I dislike the fact that after you buy the software, they still want you to run their ad supported plugin. What's the reasoning behind that?

No you don't need to run their ads.... you need to adjust the config files ... Read the installation text file

No you don't need to run their ads.... you need to adjust the config files ... Read the installation text file

Care to provide the installation text file so I can read it or even a link on the official site that states that? Does the option to disable the ads also apply to the game plugin?

@Booth @Peggy, For 2 player games, you need to start chatting with another user and click on the "cards" icon.

@Peter, Games are hosted on our servers and thus are ad-supported. You can simply disable the games plugin if you do not want any ads. Only the games plugin is ad-supported.

@ArnyVee, A small CSS fix will solve the color issue.

Whilst this isn't something I personally would use, I think it's brilliant to see modifications like this (paid or otherwise) being ported to XenForo. Bodes very well for the future.

@jacko We have sites running CometChat with over 1000+ simultaneous users without any issues.. If your server is overloaded, you can simply subscribe to our add-on CometService. This will move the load from your server to ours.

Top Bottom