Duplicate Combine Following and Followers Lists into One Contacts List

Amaury

Because it can't hurt to make the suggestion. :)

Per @King Kovifor's post here, since it looks like Followers typically does nothing, why not combine the Following and Followers list into one contacts list? It would work similar to vBulletin where you send your request and the receiver can choose to accept or ignore it.

The Follow link would be changed to "Send Contact Request"

Here's an example how it would play out: Upon clicking it, the receiving user gets an alert: "User has sent you a contact request. Click here to manage your contact requests." Alternatively, they can go to the sender's profile and click one of two links: "Accept contact request" or "Deny contact request."

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think you misunderstood my post. Following and Followers are not the same thing. Having people follow me does nothing for me; but it does something for them. Your looking for friends, which is an entirely different concept. I believe there is a suggestion about that somewhere here.

I think you misunderstood my post. Following and Followers are not the same thing. Having people follow me does nothing for me; but it does something for them. Your looking for friends, which is an entirely different concept. I believe there is a suggestion about that somewhere here.

Following someone allows you to see their activity on the Your News Feed page, which makes you become a follower to them that does nothing but let them know you're following them. If they choose to follow you back, they can then see your activity on their Your News Feed page. Is that correct?

If so, then I think combining Following and Followers into one contacts list really would be beneficial, as you'd both be able to see the other member's activity without having to both follow each other.

Top Bottom