XF 2.2 Code and Inline Code in different dropdowns: why?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
In the version currently used here at xenforo.com, the bbcodes for code and inline code are in separate dropdowns.

inline code.webp

code.webp

This doesn't make much sense to me.

It was moved by a staff member because it's not a bug.

As has been pointed out, one is for inline styling, the other is for a block element.

If you want to arrange the editor buttons on your installation differently, you are free to do so.

Why was this moved from the Bugs forum?
A) It's a question you're asking so it's more appropriate in the Questions forum.
B) It's not a bug.

Because:
My guess is one is for inserting blocks, and the other is for styling text, do the latter is in the dropdown for text styling.
Basically this.

Inline spoiler and spoiler are the same.

The first section is for formatting text. Each of the options in the first section change the appearance of the text in a specific way without breaking it out into a different block or paragraphs.

The second section is for formatting paragraphs or sections in a specific way, e.g. changing alignment and inserting lists etc.

The third section is for inserting stuff and/or block formatting. Inserting links, inserting images, inserting quotes and indeed inserting blocks of code or blocks of spoiler text.

Thank you. I was basing my experience on this forum. I don't usually download betas but I've just done that and installed it on a test subdomain to check it out. If I can modify the toolbars, I'll certainly do that so it makes logical sense to me. :)

If I can modify the toolbars, I'll certainly do that so it makes logical sense to me.
They are easy once you get the hang of it. I just made mine the same as it ever was, I know my users will whinge otherwise. I also prefer the code and inline code together.

I think there are two types of people in the world.

1. Those who like CODE and INLINE CODE in the same dropdown
  2. Those who don't

Actually, three types:

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

Top Bottom