Cloudflare with Xenforo

I've tried CloudFlare's pro plans but unfortunately my XenForo installation didn't quite get along with it.. Its SPDY, RocketLoader and TTL were creating issues. Unfortunately CloudFlare does speeds the rest of the site up.

Has anyone managed to make XenForo work with CloudFlare? You know with a custom rule or modified Page Rules etc.

We are building a forum hosting platform that uses CloudFlare as part of the stack, and have had no problems with XenForo at all.

What trouble are you seeing?

We are building a forum hosting platform that uses CloudFlare as part of the stack, and have had no problems with XenForo at all.

What trouble are you seeing?
Which service are you using: Free or Pro?
If Pro, are you using SPDY, RocketLoader and have you set up any page rules for community?

We've tested with both. Plus RocketLoader is part of the free service as well.

SPDY in theory shouldn't cause any problems at all, as that is merely the transport mechanism (and will only have an effect if you are using SSL.)

RocketLoader hasn't triggered any problems for us - What are you seeing happening?

We've tested with both. Plus RocketLoader is part of the free service as well.

SPDY in theory shouldn't cause any problems at all, as that is merely the transport mechanism (and will only have an effect if you are using SSL.)

RocketLoader hasn't triggered any problems for us - What are you seeing happening?
Enabling RocketLoader added a lag in resource loading such as Reply box etc.

I tried it around 2 months ago so much could have changed. Will definitely give it a try again.
Does SPDY shows any significant speed improvement?

Enabling RocketLoader added a lag in resource loading such as Reply box etc.

I tried it around 2 months ago so much could have changed. Will definitely give it a try again.
Does SPDY shows any significant speed improvement?

There might have been a bad route from your location to your nearest CloudFlare location at the time, perhaps? It shouldn't add any lag at all, in fact exactly the opposite.

We've not thoroughly benchmarked SPDY with XenForo, but in theory it should be a worthwhile improvement over just straight HTTPS, it can run multiple requests through a single SSL connection (no need to re-establish the SSL handshake and so on.)

There might have been a bad route from your location to your nearest CloudFlare location at the time, perhaps? It shouldn't add any lag at all, in fact exactly the opposite.

We've not thoroughly benchmarked SPDY with XenForo, but in theory it should be a worthwhile improvement over just straight HTTPS, it can run multiple requests through a single SSL connection (no need to re-establish the SSL handshake and so on.)
That would help a lot. Thanks. :)
Between I'm currently benchmarking with Incapsula and would later do the same with CloudFlare Pro and definitely post a review in here..

Top Bottom